1.    #1  
    So, how does the Treo fare against smartphones like Nokia 9500, 6610, 7710, Sony Ericsson P910i, S700i?

How does the Treo fare as a phone against them? And how do they fare as PDA/ PIM compared to the Treo?

Any ideas?
    google is your friend.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    All of those listed have much better phone functionality. There is no doubt about it. There are a number of seemingly basic functions that are simply missing from the Treos. NONE of them come close to the Treo 650, or even the 600, for PDA functionality. Ok, I admit I don't know much about the Nokia 9500 so it might...but I'm guessing it isn't great.

I don't want to give the impression that I think that the Treo is a bad phone. In fact, I think it is quite good but is missing functions that I had on basic cell phones. For example, with the Treo I cannot:

-Extract one party from a conference call to speak pirvately
    -Select which party of a conference call to disconnect from while keeping the others (it is all or none)
    -voice dial (have to buy third party additions)

Edit: My mistake; on paper the 9500 Nokia seems to be better than the Treo. I haven't used it so I can't say any different, but it runs on Symbian instead of Palm or PPC. I doubt I'd like that very much at all...I sure as hell HATED the P900! That was the worst PDA phone I had ever used.
    ...those are the main ones that come to mind right now, and I guarantee there are more annoying things. Others will probably point them out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    All of those listed have much better phone functionality. There is no doubt about it. There are a number of seemingly basic functions that are simply missing from the Treos. NONE of them come close to the Treo 650, or even the 600, for PDA functionality. Ok, I admit I don't know much about the Nokia 9500 so it might...but I'm guessing it isn't great.

I don't want to give the impression that I think that the Treo is a bad phone. In fact, I think it is quite good but is missing functions that I had on basic cell phones. For example, with the Treo I cannot:

-Extract one party from a conference call to speak pirvately
    -Select which party of a conference call to disconnect from while keeping the others (it is all or none)
    -voice dial (have to buy third party additions)

Edit: My mistake; on paper the 9500 Nokia seems to be better than the Treo. I haven't used it so I can't say any different, but it runs on Symbian instead of Palm or PPC. I doubt I'd like that very much at all...I sure as hell HATED the P900! That was the worst PDA phone I had ever used.
    ...those are the main ones that come to mind right now, and I guarantee there are more annoying things. Others will probably point them out...

What was wrong with the 900...can you explain?
    Fred
    Cingular 680