Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    timex...does the mute function work with the 650?
    TIA
    anyone paired this up against the HBH-660? That's what I'm using now (with the Jabra eargel mod) and love it. Would definitely like to hear how the Bluespoon stacks up against it.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    What is that long thing sticking off the earpiece?

And thanks guys, I was all settled on the HBH-660 now the Bluespoon shows up. What to do, what to do.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield_88888
    timex...does the mute function work with the 650?
    TIA
    I havent had a need to try this yet...I will try to test soon.

As for the long thing sticking off it, that bends when you stick the bluespoon in your ear and holds it inside your ear...here is a photo showing that little thing bend around the inside of ear when you wear it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey Timexx8,

Thanks for your review.
    I have an unlocked GSM 650 and I got my AX two days ago. I've had similar results but with the following notes:

Audio Level:
    My experience is that the volume at max is somewhat better than that of my built-in earpiece but not as loud as my stock Pa1mOne wired headset. It is acceptable in an office, even in your car on the hiighway and I would say in most "normal" circumstances, but not good for noisy environments such as at your local watering hole. (I suspect this is as a result of the Treo and not the AX. I hope a firmware upgrade will improve this).

The twilight zone beeps are very soft and polite and apparently the volume is not adjustable: Good for the office but useless in a noisy environment.

Ergonomics:
    After a few tries and a small trimming of the "soft spring" it fits great and I am getting quite good at fitting it into my ear with speed to take a call (I usually press the talk button first just before fitting). I can turn my head sideways and shake like crazy and it doesn't fall out. It is relatively light and comfortable. However, I also keep it on the lanyard until I take/make a call.

Conclusion:
    I would rcertainly ecommend the AX if you want a functional, conservative and comfortable headset. I purchased mine from blueheadsets.com when there was a special which included the car and wall chargers for $99. I had to wait 3 weeks though as they were out of stock.

My Wishlist:
    - Even flatter and smaller
    - Slightly higher "talk" button profile to improve tactile feedback when trying to locate
    - Option to switch off the flashing blue LED
    - Option to dial last number received. (You can re-dial your last number).
    - Smaller USB plug and longer thin cord on lanyard so that you can plug it into your ears while attached and not have a thick, albeit light, lanyard hanging off your ears. I like to be conservative in this regard because I am not yet assiimilated ;-)
    - Options to purchase spare batteries and soft springs (Can not currently find)
    Just got my Bluespoon AX and started using it today. Wow! This thing is great!!!

I seem to be getting a little more static than I did with the Motorola 850 I played with, but I'm not having any of the feature problems I did with the 850. Incoming calls ring in my earpiece. The transfer to headset is a little faster than the 850 was doing even after the improvements of the SPCS1.08 update. Volume is great. Voice pickup is good.

I'd love for it to fit a but more snugly into my ear, but it is good enough that it's not a sure thing for me to ignore their clip in favor of a jabra ear jel.

Two thumbs up from me!
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    Rossignol..yes I am with Rogers, as for the extra batterys it looks like s simple watch battery? can't be that hard to replace
    The battery is a lithium ion coin cell (rechargeable). It's not an easy-to-find battery that you can get at the drug store. Expect to pay at least $5 plus shipping for a battery like this (bluespoon might charge more...perhaps upwards of $10 or $15???) dunno...
    Bought a Bluespoon AX for use with my Unlocked GSM Treo 650 yesterday... it went back for a refund today.

How can you guys use this headset? Static is a BIG problem... even when I'm wearing the headset on the same side pants' pocket that I keep the Treo (left side btw). The only way to get rid of static is to hold the up Treo at chest level (in which case, I might as well dispense with a headset and talk straight into the Treo).

And to make thing worse, any sort of movement (like walking) will cause disconnections in audio transmission; resulting in chopped and garbled speech. Was this headset made for sedentary lifestyles only?

And it wasn't a bad unit. I managed to get the shop I bought it from to open up 2 more brand new units with the same result. Also, don't blame the Treo 650; we tested the units with a Sony Ericsson -- again, the same abysmal result.

That said, the full support for handsfree functions was nice. But what's the use if the headset is just unusable? I'm going back to my HBH-300...
    Last edited by rudychow; 04/15/2005 at 08:53 AM.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Sorry the AX didn't work for you but I don't think your problem is a generic issue with the AX or the 650. I have had a different experience.

I have an unlocked GSM 650 and the AX. I can leave my 650 in the pouch of my laptop case and walk about 15 feet away in the office with no static and adequate volume. I've also used the AX without probs while walking with my 650 in my jeans back pocket.

The only time I have noticed any static is when the battery's charge is apparently low.

Note that I've only been using my AX for a week so if things change I will report.
    I will post a recording of the road-test i did pretty soon. I don't understand why it turned out so bad for me. Once you guys hear my test, you will wonder too.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Forgive me if the answers to my questions are common knowledge, but I'm a "Bluetooth Neophyte" having never even seen one until I purchased my 650.

Flaunting my newbie status...

1. When the headset rings with the Twilight Zone theme, does it override or cancel the rings assigned on the handset?

2. Are these available locally (Best Buy, Comp USA, etc...) or only online? I hate to purchase things without seeing them first.

Thanks for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    1. When the headset rings with the Twilight Zone theme, does it override or cancel the rings assigned on the handset?
    No. Both headset and handset ring.
    I like that because I don't like walking around with a "cockroach stuck to my ear" (as my girlfriend says) to hear the TZ theme. So I just pop the AX into my ear when I hear the handset ringing. When I want to be discrete I just use the hardswitch on the 650 to disable the audio ring but leave vibrate ON.

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    2. Are these available locally (Best Buy, Comp USA, etc...) or only online? I hate to purchase things without seeing them first.
    I don't think they are in brick and mortar stores as yet (anyone know of any please give info). I got mine from http://www.blueheadsets.com
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I have to say I also have had bad results with the bluespoon. I just got the unit yesterday and used it today, but the static is just too bad. I love everything else about it though, maybe the static will improve with the next generation bluespoon. I guess I'll send it back and try the treo headset.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i got it coupla months back and its cool... but more than 3 feet away and its static city so i dunno what u are talking up. my first one cracked and i got it replaced so it wasnt my ear piece... in fact, if i have it in my right ear and in my right pants pocket its cool..if i put it in my left pocket..it sounds like im crunching up a sheet of plastic locusts and stuffing it in a bag of cheetos and this is definitley accurate.

other then that i like the size and when its in my car holder its pretty crisp! but 13 feet .. yarg
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    i got it coupla months back and its cool... but more than 3 feet away and its static city so i dunno what u are talking up. my first one cracked and i got it replaced so it wasnt my ear piece... in fact, if i have it in my right ear and in my right pants pocket its cool..if i put it in my left pocket..it sounds like im crunching up a sheet of plastic locusts and stuffing it in a bag of cheetos and this is definitley accurate.

other then that i like the size and when its in my car holder its pretty crisp! but 13 feet .. yarg
    No reason to talk it up..stating the facts with my unit!... I could talk up to 13 feet and did mention I had static but it wasnt that bad, I also have static if I have the phone on my left hip and the headset in the right...sheesh its not like I was talking 13 feet away daily or anything..I did that as a test the first night I got it, otherwise the phone is on my hip.

Mine also cracked 4 days ago right up front by the mic hole,,today as it was hanging from my lanyard I looked down and could see a button had fell out and the circuit board could be seen..it almost feel apart, I looked around for the button and finally found it by the front door by my shoes and suspect when I bent down to put them on it got caught possibly between my upper body and thigh and there was enough pressure to split it open..though you would think it would be made a bit stronger!!

I have obtained the RMA info and will return it...wahili did you have to ship it back to Denmark? wonder what the hell that will cost!
    Well I count myself lucky so far... I really have no major complaints about the AX. When I placed my order from blueheadsets I had to wait 3 weeks as they awaited a new shipment from Denmark. I was told they were upgrades, fixing things like the battery cover and I can't remember what else. Perhaps my "upgrade" has better performance too. I really don't know...
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    No reason to talk it up..stating the facts with my unit!... I could talk up to 13 feet and did mention I had static but it wasnt that bad, I also have static if I have the phone on my left hip and the headset in the right...sheesh its not like I was talking 13 feet away daily or anything..I did that as a test the first night I got it, otherwise the phone is on my hip.

Mine also cracked 4 days ago right up front by the mic hole,,today as it was hanging from my lanyard I looked down and could see a button had fell out and the circuit board could be seen..it almost feel apart, I looked around for the button and finally found it by the front door by my shoes and suspect when I bent down to put them on it got caught possibly between my upper body and thigh and there was enough pressure to split it open..though you would think it would be made a bit stronger!!

I have obtained the RMA info and will return it...wahili did you have to ship it back to Denmark? wonder what the hell that will cost!

I had to send mine back because of bad baterry. Nextlink sent me a 96 number DHL needs to charge the receiver.
    I wonder if they will do an AX digital? Their Bluespoon Digital is supposed to be the best evar.
    There is a 10 gram Bluespoon Digital but it's about $270. Check out http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/c=VWGd...UESPOONDIGITAL
    Today I noticed my AX has developed two cracks in the area of the mic.

I've only had it for about a month and have taken pretty good care of it so this is quite disappointing. I have been satisfied with its performance, provided the battery is kept charged, but will say that the physical construction is not of the highest quality.

I will be sending it back for a replacement. I bought it from http://www.blueheadsets.com who offer lifetime replacement.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast