1.    #1  
    Anyone have any clue what's going on with battery charging on the 650. Seems it takes 15 minutes to go from 50% to 99% and then 2 hours from 99% to 100%.
    no but I have noticed that, as stated in the guide, the battery life is getting longer and longer by trickle charging constantly - I rarely get down to 70%, let alone 50% and usually just need to charge overnight - bought spare battery which I only need to travel...
    what guide are you talking about?
    The big, thick user guide that came in the box with the Treo. It contains a wealth of information.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    The big, thick user guide that came in the box with the Treo. It contains a wealth of information.
    That crazy thing, I dont remember reading that info... I will look again
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTimmy
    no but I have noticed that, as stated in the guide, the battery life is getting longer and longer by trickle charging constantly - I rarely get down to 70%, let alone 50% and usually just need to charge overnight - bought spare battery which I only need to travel...
    I have been typically getting a week between charges since the getgo if I let it go down to the teens....I been doing a half week cycle of late where it gets down to the mid 50's as I normally need to HotSync mor eoften than I charge.

I have been hesitant to "top off" when sitting at my desk for short periods as I don't want to pull the thing out at the 99% mark if I have to run out, preferring to let it finish a full charge.
    How the heck do you get a week out of a charge??? I have phone off, access the PDA functions for about 5 minutes during the day and it's at 70% after 10 hours. If phone is on and NO calls are made, end of day is 30%.
    I even bought a new 1900 mAh battery (the stock battery lasted about 8 hours if I was lucky ).
    yes, I dimmed the screen, auto off at 30 sec, disabled network time, charge every night.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    It's not unusual for a rechargable to run up to nearly full and then take a long time to be completely full. They also tend to hold a higher level of charge longer and fall off fast than lead acid batteries. The lithium batteries are a little smoother at ramping down than the old ni-cads, but it still has a similar profile. Also temp plays into charge and discharge. The factory battery indicator is not the most accurate either.

No way do I get more than two days of nominal use. I charge everynight. Sometimes in the car if it will be a late night and I have been surfing or talking alot. I turn the phone off after charging in the evening and in the morning I'm still at 99%.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    It's not unusual for a rechargable to run up to nearly full and then take a long time to be completely full.
    I expected that .....to an extent.....but the 15 minutes to 99% and 2 hours for the last 1% I thought was a bit extreme .

Using TreoAlarm to turn off the phone during hours you regularly don't need it, as well as turning off beaming or BT if ya don't need it greatly enhances battery life.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hirschr
    How the heck do you get a week out of a charge??? I have phone off, access the PDA functions for about 5 minutes during the day and it's at 70% after 10 hours. If phone is on and NO calls are made, end of day is 30%.
    I even bought a new 1900 mAh battery (the stock battery lasted about 8 hours if I was lucky ). Yes, I dimmed the screen, auto off at 30 sec, disabled network time, charge every night.
    My Treo is "stock" no dimming, screen off after 2 minutes, beamin off, BT on, phone turns off via TreoAlarm at 11 pm and on at 8:30 am. It's been on since noon (charged it from 9 - noon) and it's now at 99% after 3 calls and about 5 minutes of PDA'ing, no data work after 9 hours.
    I have TreoAlarm on my phone -- and the product which alarms you in the morning and gives you the local weather. my version of TreoAlarm does not turn on and off the phone. Is there another product called TreoAlarm?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I think he meant Treohelper turns on/off the phone.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  14.    #14  
    I am using TreoAlarm from here:

http://www.treoalarm.com/download.html

When you go into the Alam Panel there are optoins to:

Pick Days
    Pick Time
    Enable / Disable / Don't change Wireless (Turn phone on and off)
    Weather (download / don't downlaod / download and disconnect)
    Silent
    Sound Selection
    Snooze Time