Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    OK, my Treo just made a weird multi-tone sound. The screen did not come on or anything. Looked like it was in standby as it was supposed to be. I pressed the green button to check for any alerts, none there. No SMS messages, no new email, nothing. I never heard this kind of a sound from my Treo before. What the hell is going on??? Any ideas guys???
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunilseru
    OK, my Treo just made a weird multi-tone sound. The screen did not come on or anything. Looked like it was in standby as it was supposed to be. I pressed the green button to check for any alerts, none there. No SMS messages, no new email, nothing. I never heard this kind of a sound from my Treo before. What the hell is going on??? Any ideas guys???

    Gas?

    --------------

    Seriously, never heard any unusual noises on mine while in standby.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  3. #3  
    Do you have service tones turned on?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunilseru
    OK, my Treo just made a weird multi-tone sound. The screen did not come on or anything.
    I think mine had the same sound, but with the pda on. Don't know what the sound is, try pressing option and alt at the same time (sprint phone).
  5. #5  
    I'm pretty sure that's the service tone. It often happens to me when I'm driving around and using my treo as an mp3 player through my car speakers, and it usually in the same place. I've noticed the same sounds when I've just been walking around, with the phone on, and I've seen it switch from "Sprint" to "No Service" and back at the same time the sounds happen.

    That just started happening about a month ago. It seems to happen whether or not I have the mute switch on or off, and I haven't been able to find a setting to turn it off in the prefs (I do have service tones set off, but that doesn't help).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rfs13
    I'm pretty sure that's the service tone. It often happens to me when I'm driving around and using my treo as an mp3 player through my car speakers, and it usually in the same place. I've noticed the same sounds when I've just been walking around, with the phone on, and I've seen it switch from "Sprint" to "No Service" and back at the same time the sounds happen.

    That just started happening about a month ago. It seems to happen whether or not I have the mute switch on or off, and I haven't been able to find a setting to turn it off in the prefs (I do have service tones set off, but that doesn't help).
    I do have service tone on. I am sure it is not the service tone. I get excellent sprint coverage at home. The phone was just sitting on the nightstand when it made that sound. And also, my service tone is a single ding, the sound my Treo made was multitone...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyjacks
    I think mine had the same sound, but with the pda on. Don't know what the sound is, try pressing option and alt at the same time (sprint phone).
    Mine is a sprint phone too. I did the option + alt thing. Doesn't do anything...
  8. #8  
    Possibly it's the bluetooth detecting a device. Do you have a PC nearby that has bluetooth?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuen
    Possibly it's the bluetooth detecting a device. Do you have a PC nearby that has bluetooth?
    Nope, my laptop does not have bluetooth!!!
  10. #10  
    Mine started doing the same thing a few days ago!! Just sitting there all by itself, it will start making these tones. I do not have service tones on either. WT??
  11. #11  

Posting Permissions