Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    One of the things I love and hate most about the ZLauncher is its ability to move apps to the SD card. This is great but when I exit programs that are being run from the SD card, ZL would do a backup procedure that would take a long time (depending on how large the app and database files were).

The new version seemed to do away with this. According to the website, ZL now only backs up files that had been modified. This makes sense to me. Before ZL would backup prc files which of course never changes.

I highly advise people to give it a try!!!

My only concern is if ZL is truly doing a good job of keeping track of databases and files that change and doing the appropriate backup when required. Think i will test this out tonight.
    I agree...MUCH FASTER!!!!!
    Yes it is, but the odd thing now is that my 650 seems to turn on for no reason and stays on. ZLauncher was the last thing I downloaded so I believe that's what's causing it. Anyone else having this prob?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    quicklaunch anywhere wasn't working for me before the update but works fine now
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I agree, ZLauncher is much faster. If i wrote more it would be plagerizing the first post of the thread. I had the same love/hate relationship with ZL. Now its all LOOOOVE.
    Is there a Zlauncher for nooobies somewhere? Like what is a good "basic" setup on a Treo 650? Like which is a real simple clean interface, how to get a basic configuration up and going, etc.

I actually found two things about it that I didn't like - all the GUIs seemed cluttered and way too busy - sort of like bad GUI designers on acid. I'd like a nice simple, clean interface and a basic "how to" for Zlauncher.

Anyone.... Bueller...anyone?
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Hmmm, since I downloaded the newest version, my Treo 650 had randomly reset twice while it was just lying on my desk. #*#377 says the reset was caused my zlauncher.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I have also been receiving random soft resets since installing ZLauncher 5.20.

I also now suffer a consistent soft reset when attempting an online weather update using Worldmate Pro 4.019 whether launched from RAM or SD card. Anyone else using WM Pro, please do a similar check and report.

Until now I have been pretty lucky without any random rests...
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I downgraded back to version 5.11 so I will see if this random reset still happens.
    The Doctor is IN!
    yes!!!! it no longer backs up the un modified apps and databases launched from the memory card... I have been waiting for this for a while now. it's awesome!!

if you find any apps that don't seem to backup properly let us know. I haven't seen any yet.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Since I downgraded back to version 5.11....no random reset, yet.
    The Doctor is IN!
    I absolutely love ZLauncher. I even have it running on my Palm IIIxe.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    I've had no problems with 5.2m with one possible exception. I was trying to configure the latest beta of schedule care, and had a reset. After the reset, my category preferences in ZL were hosed, with most of my apps in unfiled. I didn't think to check for the error code.

I restored my ZL prefs files, and no more problems. I do not have any problems with frequent resets.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstroot
    Is there a Zlauncher for nooobies somewhere? Like what is a good "basic" setup on a Treo 650? Like which is a real simple clean interface, how to get a basic configuration up and going, etc.

I actually found two things about it that I didn't like - all the GUIs seemed cluttered and way too busy - sort of like bad GUI designers on acid. I'd like a nice simple, clean interface and a basic "how to" for Zlauncher.

Anyone.... Bueller...anyone?
    It seems to be a "play with it" app. When I first loaded it in I hated it because it was way too busy - so I uninstalled it. I watched the threads here and there was one that included a bunch of screen shots from other users that were much cleaner. So, I re-installed and started playing around with the top and bottm bars, the tabs. etc. and now have it set up so it's clean and as I like it.

So my advice would be to search for the above mentioned thread and then start playing - it will likely take you a week or two of tweaking to get what you want.
    Last edited by treo2die4; 04/01/2005 at 05:45 PM.
    when i recieve an sms if i hit ok it resets, so i tried to disable the alert screen it still happens(1 down) diabled both alert screens still happened(2 down) mind you each time ##377 says zlauncher. so i exit out of zlauncher(disable) send myself a sms no reset, i turn on both alert screens and send another no reset. i really like zlauncher, and dont want to give it up but this has got to stop.

Thanks in advance for any help
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    The file "ZLauncherDB.PDB" keeps getting corrupted. It happens randomly and frequently. Any thoughts?
    I have been getting resets after running Backupman. The scheduled backup seems to work ok. The reset occurs when Backupman exits to Zlauncher.
    Zane
    Is there a link to 5.10? I need to downgrade, I'm tired of these re-sets! I just can't find the file. Help....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter