Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Has anyone found some good hardware that works with the Treo 650 for Real Estate. I wish the BT worked better. If so I could print to the back of the car with out a USB cable. Do any of you use the Treo 650 with hardware that you print from Treo to?

Thanks,
    Robert Bolar REALTORŪ for Utah Homes
    Coldwell Banker
    "Selling Utah One Home At A Time" SellUtah.com or OwnUtah.com
    Cell: 801-920-4620
    Office: 801-920-2440
    Res: 801-737-3664
    Fax: 801-475-8115
    i have been tryin to get things together for my wife who is a real estate agent.(im gonna buy her the 650) i just wanted to get all the info before buying, and here is some info i found. if you find out anything else please keep me posted.

My $91 mobile office and wireless printing solution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the past, when I needed to prepare documents on the road, I needed to visit Kinkos and rent a computer and printer. Now, I can skip Kinkos and do everything on my Treo.

I have been able to set up my Treo 650 as a complete mobile office, without spending tons of money, and without using a laptop. I can now (1) grab docs from my desktop; (2) email them to my Treo; (3) edit the docs on the Treo or create new documents from scratch, including long documents; and (4) print out final copies of the document wirelessly.

Here is my set-up:

1. For obtaining documents on the road:

--Sprint Business Connection: allows me to email documents from my desktop to the 650. (Free with my data plan)

--Win-Hand Anywhere: remote desktop app which is a backup for the Sprint BC app. (Free!)

2. For modifying E-mailed docs or drafting new docs:

--Documents to Go (Bundled free with the 650)

--Wordsmith (good alternative to Docs to Go. I am a longtime registered user of this app, so it was basically free for me on the 650)

--PalmOne Universal Wireless Keyboard: works great with the Treo 650 for pounding out longer documens via the IR port. ($47 from Amazon)

3. Printing out docs on the road:

--Printboy: has the printer drivers for printing directly from the Treo ($39 retail, plus $5 for shipping, minus $30 from Palm's referral program = $14 final price)

--Canon BJC-80 - small portable battery-powered printer with a built-in IR adaptor for wireless printing. ($30 from ebay, which included the printer, battery pack, and carrying case. I love Ebay for stuff like this)

Total extra money spent to turn $650 into my mobile office:

Keyboard: $47
    PrintBoy: 14
    Printer: 30

Total: $91

So far, the set-up is working great. I am just needing to adjust some documents/letterhead for the simple PrintBoy font capability.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    That was fantastic! Thank you very much!!!!
    Robert Bolar REALTORŪ for Utah Homes
    Coldwell Banker
    "Selling Utah One Home At A Time" SellUtah.com or OwnUtah.com
    Cell: 801-920-4620
    Office: 801-920-2440
    Res: 801-737-3664
    Fax: 801-475-8115
    Great tips, thanks!

Err, what's Printboy for?
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    --Printboy: has the printer drivers for printing directly from the Treo

this is from the original post
    sometimes i miss stuff too
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    --Printboy: has the printer drivers for printing directly from the Treo

this is from the original post
    sometimes i miss stuff too
    Doh!
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680