Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Hey Viper, which Vaja case are you considering? I have the T66 and it is not too bulky. It has about the same bulk as a Treo 650 in an innopocket metal case.
    I have posted my T66 case pictures in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=78559
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    thanx DocGo... i'm sort of an avid TC visitor, so i'd already seen ur vaja pics . gr8 case btw....

i've been a big fan of vaja cases and if i had to buy one for the treo, i'd certainly go for the T66 as well... but there's no way that thing is gonna go into my pocket !! and rite now i'm just loving it naked... nothing could compete! so i'm looking for a good (but slim) case which i could slip my treo in and out of when not in use.
    Nutshell
    I'm thinking of getting the nutshell with belt loop for my Treo 650. I want something that I can wear horizontal - do you recommend getting the velcro tab/flap if I plan on wearing the phone horizontally or will the phone stay safe and secure with normal use (not jogging or anything) when worn horizontal without the flap/tab.
    Thanks!
    anant
    It might stay in for a few weeks until the leather streatches out but wow thats the riskiest thing I ever herd of
    actually I think it would stay in there just fine. It sems pretty secure to me. Now if you were wearing it upside down, maybe not.
    James
    In your review (which I read extensively before deciding) you mention that the velcro tab is not much of a nuisance. You said the tab folds out of the way when you dont want to use, do you mean it folds inside? You wouldnt happen to have a picture of it like that would you? If thats the case then the times when the case is vertical the tab can just be folded inside and out of the way so that you dont have to remove the velcro every time you take out the treo.
    Thanks! Love the review and the pictures! Am >< this close to getting the nutshell :-)
    anant
    Quote Originally Posted by anant
    James
    In your review (which I read extensively before deciding) you mention that the velcro tab is not much of a nuisance. You said the tab folds out of the way when you dont want to use, do you mean it folds inside? You wouldnt happen to have a picture of it like that would you? If thats the case then the times when the case is vertical the tab can just be folded inside and out of the way so that you dont have to remove the velcro every time you take out the treo.
    Thanks! Love the review and the pictures! Am >< this close to getting the nutshell :-)
    anant
    I've been using the old nutshell cash with belt loop and velcro closure for about 2.5 months and am very pleased.

Yes you can fold the velcro closure inside of the case if you choose and still have easy access to moving the treo both in and out of the case. I have to say though I don't feel the need to do this as I have found it quite easy to undo the closure and take out the treo with one hand and without having to look down at the case. The same goes to placing the treo back in the case and refastening the closure.

For those who like to us the treo "naked" but want a safe and simple case when not in use, the nutshell completely fills those needs.
    Thanks!! Appreciate the info - ordered my Nutshell 2 days ago - I plan on putting egrips on the sides (like someone mentioned in another post) so that I still have some additional grip while still have easy removal from the nutshell.
    Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    actually I think it would stay in there just fine. It sems pretty secure to me. Now if you were wearing it upside down, maybe not.
    I gave mine a good shake and its pretty tight but I would never even risk it, besides the velcro closer is very easy to use and as mentioned can be tucked out of the way for frequent use.
    James
    anant
    Sorry I must have missed the email for a post in this thread. BTW I just got my new Nutshell a few days a go and they did a great job reworking the inside of the case. They are realy responsive to user sugestions. The flap folded into the case works very well, does not increase the amount of force needed to place/remove the phone by much and stays out of the way
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 04/20/2005 at 04:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a picture of the Nutshell case horizontally on the belt with the loop?
    I found this pic
    Quote Originally Posted by phaggard
    Does anyone have a picture of the Nutshell case horizontally on the belt with the loop?
    No pic - but that's how I carry mine and it's close to the body, competely out of the way and easily accessible.
    Thanks!! Appreciate the info - ordered my Nutshell 2 days ago - I plan on putting egrips on the sides (like someone mentioned in another post) so that I still have some additional grip while still have easy removal from the nutshell.
    Thanks again!
    I would realy appreciate it if you would comment later about any difference in resistance taking the phone in/out of the Nutshell before you put the egrips on and after their on.

I never thought about leaving them on the sides.

And ya know what would work well for the flap on the Nutshell is tucking it behind the belt instead of in the case.
    Sure thing - am hoping that it will be here in another week. I haven't ordered the egrips yet, am still shopping around to find the cheapest place to buy. Will post pics once I get.

Thanks for the pictures of the tab'd case and the horizontal pouch.
  16.    #56  
    Hi Guys...we kindly got a flexiskin from BoxWave and we can confirm that we have a case that fits it perfectly. I guess that means the same case will also accept the 650 with e-grips...as it is a larger model than the one we offer for the 650 in its "naked" format.
    I have posted a link to the new product match elsewhere in ths forum.
    All the best
    Ian @ Nutshell
    "When you least expect it...always expect the unexpected."
    Can you post a link in this thread to more information on that?
  18.    #58  
    Ian @ Nutshell
    "When you least expect it...always expect the unexpected."
    The nutshell case looks very nice, but $55 + $10 shipping? Youch. I'm broke after buying the 650 and the cradle kit :P
    Quote Originally Posted by rhpt
    The nutshell case looks very nice, but $55 + $10 shipping? Youch. I'm broke after buying the 650 and the cradle kit :P
    one good 55 dollar case is way better than 3 cr@ppy 25 dollar cases

Want to know why IMHO Nutshell is the best go here starting on 4-4-05
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast