Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I like the nutshell case, but I am wondering if there is a way to stretch it, or if they will make a slightly looser model so that you can use a skin or perhaps another skin tight leather pouch?
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. Most appreciated.

We are working very hard down-under here in NZ to make this the best belt case we can...stay tuned.

PS: if anyone has a spare skin they can send our way it would be welcomed, so we can offer you all another belt case solution.
    Last edited by nutshell; 04/06/2005 at 11:56 PM. Reason: weditorial change
    Ian @ Nutshell
    "When you least expect it...always expect the unexpected."
    Does the 600 version have cutouts for the head set and synch cable? If not, will the 650 work for the 600?
    The silicon skins might be too sticky to slide in and out of the nutshell. However I was thinking more of a leather skinned case such as the sena (without the flip). There are many of these type of cases. They protect your phone while in use from scratches and such, but then the nutshell could provide drop protection when carrying around the phone. I would definitely buy one if this was possible.
    I tried it out for you it works perfect. Those Sena cases are paper thin so there was barely a difference placing and removing the phone in the Sena case into the Nutshell case. I myself ordered a skinit to help prevent scratches.

I read you post right before I was going to leave to drop off 2 Pac Rim cases and 1 Sena case at the post office for return.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I tried it out for you it works perfect. Those Sena cases are paper thin so there was barely a difference placing and removing the phone in the Sena case into the Nutshell case. I myself ordered a skinit to help prevent scratches.

I read you post right before I was going to leave to drop off 2 Pac Rim cases and 1 Sena case at the post office for return.
    Sweet. Did the snap on the back of the sena interfere with the case at all?
    The snap on top or the button that is in the back of the racheting swivel cases?
    yes that was the snap i was talking about. My sena case doesn't have a clip. Thanks for the info!
    How long have you had your Sena case? I am very curious about how they hold up since they are so thin. heres a pic I took for a review I did on the Sena case.
    I havn't had my sena for long, but it is very well made so i'm not worried. I did purchase it because it was thin (I didn't want something bulky on the phone all the time). The idea is to have something surrounding most of the phone to protect from scratches and provide better grip. I think most of it is just psychological. Because something is surrounding your phone, you feel better about it. The phone just looks to fragile by itself! I just ordered a nutshell. I hope it will be the solution I have been wanting. Thanks for your info James, it's been really helpful.
    In my full review Nutshell responded saying they modified the case in reguards to my review. So hopefully you will recieve the even more improved case.
    Yes, I have read the note that was posted today on the other site. I through about calling in and changing my order to the tungsten case, but its a bit shorter. Plus, judging by your pictures and info it would seem that the sena fits perfectly. I think the silicon skin cases are thicker and also tacky feeling so you would need to have a larger case to make the phone easy to put in and take out of the case.

I am hoping for the fixed case (one that doesn't have the bump). BTW, have you contacted them and asked if they would replace your case with a fixed version? I'm with you, I don't think I would like having something always putting pressure on my screen when in the case. This defeats the purpose of using a case at all.
    They stated that they would offer replacements for concerened users. Your right, I use to have a silicon case, it would be imposible to use it in the Nutshell. I tried to slide my Treo in with egrips on just to check it out when I first got the case and it was one heck of a feat. I tried a skinit to protect against light scratches but they are cheap junk. Im still looking,,,
    Heh, it would seem that the sena isn't such a bad deal. Wonder why you got rid of it and replaced it with the skinit.
    I tried a Sena ...I had a heck of a time keeping the magnet closure shut. I wear my treo on my side and because of my job I move around alot. Seemed like the flap was always open. I have tried the Rhino flap case...it worked very well, but I prefer the Piel Frama. Looks nice and stays closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by shonea
    Heh, it would seem that the sena isn't such a bad deal. Wonder why you got rid of it and replaced it with the skinit.
    I thought it looked silly with the Sena case in the Nutshell and it dosent bug me to bad about the treo being totaly unprotected out of the case.
    I just received my "new, improved" Nutshell for the 650, ordered on 4/3 received today in California. I have been using the "old" Nutshell as pictured here on TC with no flap for a couple of months and had decided it was definitely my case of choice. I also have used the Sena Leatherskin, Vaja iVolution, Krussell VertiCalic, and a Flexiskin I never even put on. In a word, both of the Nutshells are the BEST. Great craftmanship, great protection, and fantastic fit. The first one needed a little "breaking in" as it was a little tight, but after molding with the 650 and some "exercise" of the leather with my hands, it fit perfect. The improved model fits the 650 right out of the box, with little or no "tension". I prefer USING my Treo without a case, with protection for when I am NOT using it.

I'm pretty sure my quest for the perfect case has now ended!

PS: I really like the deeper cutouts on the sides of the new Nutshell; allow for a much better grip when removing the 650 from the case.
    Last edited by lep354; 04/11/2005 at 09:52 PM.
    @lep354

well i love the nutshell and will be ordering for the new one pretty soon.... but it'd be gr8 if u could post a few pics!

one small question... how much bulk does it actually add to the treo? i mean is it possible to put it in your front pocket if wearing a jeans? ooops... two questions
    I guess it would depend on how tight your jeans are! Seriously, it would probably fit in your pocket, but the clip takes up some space. The case adds minimal bulk, I think less than the Vaja. I keep mine clipped to the pocket of my jeans rather than the waistband. That way the antenna doesn't stick in your side.
    well the vaja is a monster! a beautiful moster, but a monster nevertheless!! i would be ordering mine without any clip so that shouldn't be too much of a problem... thanx for the reply.

any chance we could get to see any pics?

:edited for typos:
    Last edited by viper_; 04/13/2005 at 04:37 AM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast