Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's obvious the pictures could be better with more control over the exposure.
    http://www.textamerica.com/user.imag...9134110510.jpg
    http://www.textamerica.com/user.imag...9134031653.jpg

Are there any good progs that tweak the cam at all?
    None can remove fingers though !
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    None can remove fingers though !
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    It's obvious the pictures could be better with more control over the exposure.

Are there any good progs that tweak the cam at all?
    It is possible to mess with exposure. Look here, both these shots have the exact same lighting:

http://bob.bah.net/01.jpg
    http://bob.bah.net/02.jpg

Unfortunately the solution is very untechnical. For the second, brighter shot I exposed it on my lap under the table then quickly moved it up and took the same picture before the exposure could readjust. What you should be able to do is hold the photo button down half way and it should stick to whatever the exposure is like a normal camera does. Unfortunately that loads up the alerts on the 650.

-BT
    My apologies if this is already widely known, but the other day, while I was hunting for the way to turn off the camera shutter sound effect, I discovered the (photo)"Effects" option under the "Photo Settings" menu in camera mode!

For those unaware, it allows for photos to be taken in the following formats:
    Normal
    Black & White
    Sepia

Pretty cool!

{{{EDIT}}}}
    D'oh! OK, so I'm a noob.... forgive me, I just realized that you guys are probably already aware of this feature since you're using the datestamp feature on those pics posted above!
    I have also used the swing the treo into the light and snap the pic.....also tested the finger shadowing......
    dying for some control since I get better pics at night then I do on a sunny or even heavy overcast daylight....granted night pics seem to take longer to save/click
    Is there a way to attach a small led to get better pics at night? does anyone know a company that makes something like that?
    Just carry around a penlight and flash it at people when you're taking their pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    Just carry around a penlight and flash it at people when you're taking their pic.
    uhhh, yeah, ok....good suggestion, but after all that I might as well carry a camera that can take better pictures. I was thinking along the lines of something small that could attach to the antenna or insert in the sd card or clip on the case without making it too bulky (think thin)
    You know the finger shadowing thing didn't even occur to me, even after looking at that pic above. It actually works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    I have also used the swing the treo into the light and snap the pic.....also tested the finger shadowing......
    dying for some control since I get better pics at night then I do on a sunny or even heavy overcast daylight....granted night pics seem to take longer to save/click
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkAce
    uhhh, yeah, ok....good suggestion, but after all that I might as well carry a camera that can take better pictures. I was thinking along the lines of something small that could attach to the antenna or insert in the sd card or clip on the case without making it too bulky (think thin)
    ok, that suggestion was a lame joke, but now taking the whole pen-light into thought: a pen-light basically has the small battery and the led light, right? There may be a way to rig the guts of a pen light (just the battery and the light part)it on the top of the Treo (above the stylus). Or maybe even taking a SD card blank, extending it, and attaching the light rig to it.

May or may not be food for thought. It's late, I've got a sick server that doesn't want to cooperate, and I want to go home.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    I guess we have to wait some more.
    Some good coder would come up and write a small application to adjust exposure.
    There was a program for the 600...Brightcam or something. The pictures weren't great, but a huge improvement. Maybe the developer is working on something for the 650. It was freeware from MyTreo.net
    Yeah, that would be cool, a program that gives the user a little more control over the settings...

Hey dcsipe, just read this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=79927

Pretyy cool, huh? This will be my solution for when I want to take picture a t night and upload them right away...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    There was a program for the 600...Brightcam or something. The pictures weren't great, but a huge improvement. Maybe the developer is working on something for the 650. It was freeware from MyTreo.net
    It wasn't brightcam (that adjusts the brightness of your screen and controls the keyboard backlight on/off based on light readings by the camera, but doesn't do anything for taking better pictures, latest beta works well on my 650!)

Thinking of Pickem?

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-110.html?Pickem
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    PunkAce, that is pretty cool. Would have worked awesome with my last camera, but I recently upgraded to the Canon SD400, and it uses a SD card. I haven't played with moving the card to the PDA yet though.

Good find
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    That's right...Pickem! I only haad the 600 for three weeks so I couldn't remember. Thanks!
    Would anyone reccomend this program, it seems alot of people are unhappy with the results on the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkAce
    Would anyone reccomend this program, it seems alot of people are unhappy with the results on the website.
    It does not work - incompatible with the 650.
    That lappy looks just like my Sager :-)
    Photography Politics Technology Music Photoshop
    VOXEFX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast