1.    #1  
    I really want a Treo 650 and I need a little bit of help and direction. I'm an existing Cingular customer and I want to use the Treo 650 as my primary phone. Where can I buy a Treo 650 for less than 400 bucks (aside from e-bay)? Is it even possible?
    Search the threads for OTI. They may be able to help you out. If not, they are going for a little over $500 on ebay. If you go the ebay route, make sure to buy from someone with a lot of feedback. Good Luck...I'm looking too.
    He'd be better off going to Cingular then, a little over $500 is not much of a difference over Cingular's, after you include shipping.

He said he didn't want to use eBay anyway. The only way I can think for under $400 is to find a private seller who hates the phone and wants to get rid of it. But then he'll be stuck with why the seller wanted to get rid of it. He may have to bite the bullet and pay, unless he's willing to wait until the price comes down, but then the new one will be out. $449 is the best price I saw for a new one, but that was with new service.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    bestbuy.com
    wirefly.com
    amazon.com

On all of these you compromise in terms of having limited plans to select from or limited options. It really seems they want to make it difficult enough you have to go into the retail store and pay more. Hopefully, you are not that particular and it will work out for you!
    Are you eligible for a phone upgrade from Cingular?
  6.    #6  
    Nope, not elgible for a Cingular phone upgrade yet. Not for another year (I think the rule is 75% of the way through the contract). I'm 6 months through a 2 year contract.

I only said aside from e-bay because I'm aware of e-bay
    and I'm going to continue to look for a good deal but I was hoping if someone knew another source. Perhaps one "fell off the back of a truck."
    too bad your not on at&t, i just bought a treo 650 as a phone upgrade and only paid $434 w/tax shipped. not a bad price cheapest i've seen without signing to cingular for a 2 year contract