Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I having been a power user of Chatter for the last week and I am unclear how new/unread emails are displayed.

The red rectangle at the bottom of the main screen is great, allowing users to not only see which mailbox has a new message but allows users to tap it to go directly to the mailbox. The problem arises for me when I have new messages waiting in several mailboxes. There is no way to quickly tell this. I know that tapping on the red rectangle indicator will cause Chatter to cycle to the next mailbox that has a new message. What I would like is to be able to quickly glance and see which mailbox has unread messages.

The folder view (upper left corner) does not help either. I do not see any obvious indicator of which folder has new/unread messages.

For people like me who has a lot of folders being able to quickly scan to see which one has new messages is a definite need.

Here are some suggestions. If others has better ideas please share your thoughts:

1. In the main view, instead of only showing a single red rectangle would it possible to either show multiple rectangles indicating which mailbox has new messages or show show a single rectangle (perhaps a different color) that says "Multiple"? Tapping on this takes the user to the folder view.

2. In folder view, highlight and bold the mailbox that has new messages. Also, instead of just showing how many total messages are in the mailbox, also show the number that is unread, peraps separated by a comma or forward slash. Bold the new message number (5/23). As it is right now, I dont think Chatter does this in the folder view. Sometimes a folder name is green, red, or black. What do all of these colors mean? Perhaps bolding the name would help to make it stand out more. Also, sometimes a see a small number next to the envelope icon. What does this mean?

Thank you for the support.
    In the Mailbox popup, the boxes with new mail should be listed in red; at least, that's what's supposed to happen! The number next to the envelope icon is the number of messages to be loaded from the server.

Marc
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    thanks marc! So what does the green and black mean?

Because of the small font used in the folder view (to save space of course) it is hard to tell which one is red or green. Perhaps bolding the mailbox name as well as using color would make it more obvious at a quick glance.
    Ok, I can look at bolding; it's a good idea...

Marc