Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I'm THINKING about doing a hard reset and have a question.

    How can I reistall my apps one by one with having hotsync do it for me?

    The reason I ask is because I want to install some apps to the SD card. Any advise is apprecated.

    braz
  2. #2  
    It is possible to just move the apps you want on a card. Either thru the palm interface or one of the many launchers available.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    It is possible to just move the apps you want on a card. Either thru the palm interface or one of the many launchers available.

    I do have power run and it seems to work, meaning it does move the app the the SD card but sometimes it causes my 650 to reset.

    I will try using the Palm App now. I didnt know that you can move a installed app with it.


    thanks

    braz
  4. #4  
    You have to copy it and then run it from the card then delete it from ram (these steps are important because it maintains your reg codes and data)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    You have to copy it and then run it from the card then delete it from ram (these steps are important because it maintains your reg codes and data)
    I dont see any options in the palm desktop app to move an installed app. Please let me know if im looking in the wrong place.

    Thanks
  6. #6  
    As my post says you have to "copy" then delete, there is not a "move" option
  7.    #7  
    sxtg,

    That did work thank you for your help. One last question if I do a hardreset how do I prevent active sync from sending back my apps to my 650?
  8. #8  
    You can delete (or move) the hotsync files off your PC.

    Program Files\palmOne\(device name)\
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You can delete (or move) the hotsync files off your PC.

    Program Files\palmOne\(device name)\
    Or just change the name of your current User ID subdirectiry and start a new user id at the 1st sync following the hard reset. Just find your current user id on the palmone subdirectory in your drive and change the name - I changed to oldUSERNAME as it allowed me to easily find the files should I need them. (hope that makes sense?)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Or just change the name of your current User ID subdirectiry and start a new user id at the 1st sync following the hard reset. Just find your current user id on the palmone subdirectory in your drive and change the name - I changed to oldUSERNAME as it allowed me to easily find the files should I need them. (hope that makes sense?)
    Thanks alot eveyone for their help. I want to do a clean install I just dont like a few of these apps.

    I think what i'm going to do is just change my userid like treo2die4 stated.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by braz
    Thanks alot eveyone for their help. I want to do a clean install I just dont like a few of these apps.

    I think what i'm going to do is just change my userid like treo2die4 stated.
    Some apps are registered to your user ID to save frustration, you might want to just rename your backup folder and then use the same user name. This will also preserve your contacts, but the apps wont sync back.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Some apps are registered to your user ID to save frustration, you might want to just rename your backup folder and then use the same user name. This will also preserve your contacts, but the apps wont sync back.
    Now see, that's what I was tryig to say...!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Some apps are registered to your user ID to save frustration, you might want to just rename your backup folder and then use the same user name. This will also preserve your contacts, but the apps wont sync back.


    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I understand

    Can I delete some of the files in my "Backup" dir so that when i resync the app(s) that I don't want to get reinstalled?

    thanks again
    braz
  14. #14  
    Since you are doing all that work I would:

    1. Install Uninstall Manager (part of the Northglide NeatFreakPak) as your first app. It will monitor future installs and you can then install the entire app including stuff left behind when you delete an application. This will prevent you from having to take this route again.

    2. Install apps one at a time and hot sync between each install.

    3. Check which programs can NOT be moved or which do not function properly when moved to SD card. For example, moving uninstall manager isn't a good idea cause it won't be able to track your installs. Same for Crash, alarm programs, etc. Some that will not work if moved via PowerRun or other utlities are DocsToGo (can be moved with special DataViz tool), Diet and Exercise Assistant, TimeSync, etc.

    3. Changing your user name may disable some programs as your registration code is tied to your user name.

    4. Make sure you have all your registration codes.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by braz
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I understand

    Can I delete some of the files in my "Backup" dir so that when i resync the app(s) that I don't want to get reinstalled?

    thanks again
    braz

    Just rename it something like "oldBackup". You'll probably want to do the same thing with the Archive directory.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by braz
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I understand

    Can I delete some of the files in my "Backup" dir so that when i resync the app(s) that I don't want to get reinstalled?

    thanks again
    braz
    Yes you can do that. You might get some orphan files if you are not good at sorting out whats needed and whats not.

Posting Permissions