1.    #1  
    Curious if anybody else has had this problem: physical street addresses in my contacts don't sync properly between OS X's Address Book and my Treo 650 (using the iSync conduit).

If I enter a home address in Address Book for a contact, and then sync it to the palm, the address shows up as a work address. Conversely, if I enter a work address in Address Book for a contact, it doesn't sync over at all.

Is this a known issue with AB and the Treo? This has happened through several hard resets and contact sets.
    I have the same problem, entered everthing last night through my G4 powerbook, and see that all home addresses are in the Treo as work addresses.
    Last edited by erock; 03/29/2005 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Same problem, not sure how to fix it either. I am also having problems with birthdays not synching at all. They are in the right fields in Entourage, but when I sync, they don't show up in the Treo at all.

As a test, I dragged a contact out of Entourage that had a birthday in it as a .vcf, then dragged it into Palm Desktop and reset the conduits to HotSync with the Palm Desktop. Once synched, that contact shows up correctly, birthday and all. Trying it again with Entourage 2004, no birthday again. And my addresses keep showing up at "Other", not work or home. I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cshbell
    Curious if anybody else has had this problem: physical street addresses in my contacts don't sync properly between OS X's Address Book and my Treo 650 (using the iSync conduit).

If I enter a home address in Address Book for a contact, and then sync it to the palm, the address shows up as a work address. Conversely, if I enter a work address in Address Book for a contact, it doesn't sync over at all.

Is this a known issue with AB and the Treo? This has happened through several hard resets and contact sets.
    I was on the Apple website and noted the following under iSync support:

iSync only syncs the Home address field of Address Book with Palm OS devices.

Street address information appears in Address Book, but does not appear on the Palm OS device for some contacts after synchronization. Other contact information in Address Book seems to sync correctly.

Enter the address information you would like to sync with your Palm OS device in the Home address field of Address Book.

I had forgotten all about this and it is the primary reason I do NOT use iCal and the other Apple applications. Entourage 2004 has worked well. At least the addresses are properly placed. Expecting that Tiger would correct this, I've tried to switch back, but it is frustrating. I'll probably have to stick with Entourage.
    David
    Is there anything Palm can do (i.e. update the HotSync conduit) or is the ball entirely in Apple's court? Yeah, the 'birthday' thing is a pain.
    Would MissingSync fix this problem? I thought I was going to use Entourage, but then I realized that it only allows one address/contact (i.e. you can't have work and home addresses). Also iCal doesn't seem to be putting email addresses in the correct fields (iMail's address book isn't accessing most of the email addresses I have).

I just want basic syncronization between contacts and calendar. Sigh...
    Nope, Missing Sync can't fix it, this is an issue on Apple's side and not a darn thing we can do about it now.

There's been lots o'discussion on this, search the forums. "Archie" is particularly verbal on the topic.
    -mbd26
    This is not Apple's responsibility. They have enabled syncing of both home addresses and work addresses and various e-mails and the various phone numbers (for proof of this, just look at the information that iSync syncs with iPods). This is Palm's responsibility. It is they who have dropped the ball.

It is Mark/Space that we may have to depend on to pick it up. Write to Mark/Space requesting this ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    This is not Apple's responsibility. They have enabled syncing of both home addresses and work addresses and various e-mails and the various phone numbers (for proof of this, just look at the information that iSync syncs with iPods). This is Palm's responsibility. It is they who have dropped the ball.

It is Mark/Space that we may have to depend on to pick it up. Write to Mark/Space requesting this ability.
    I did not realize that this is an issue for Palm. I thought the limitation was/is in iSync. What about the devices that sync directly with iSync? An example is the Sony Ericsson P910. Any problems with the address issues?
    David
    The category to ical calendar is a also a problem I notice a lot of address book fields don't make it over. For instance work and home emails. So what's the solution? Palm desktop, Now contact and Up to date? What are folks having success with?
    Just curious as to what people are using. I have tried about every solution (except using Outlook on Windows). Syncing with a Pocket PC on a Mac is better than this! (Using Missing Sync or Pocket Mac, of course.)

All I want is:

Location to be synced
    Both addresses to be synced
    Filling in all of the same fields I have filled in Entourage or AddressBook.app
    This multiple address problem drives me crazy. My brother just moved to iCal & Address Book, and he has the same problem. And I have a cllient that has the same problem, and would pay to make it go away. Here's to hoping Mark/Space can do something.

- Adam
    Glad to hear I am not the only one- but still frustrated by this stupid complication. Did anyone have any success contacting Mark/Space to add a solution? I hope we figure it out... soon...
    Yeah, I contacted them. They say they can't comment on unannounced products or some such (which I would expect), and they've heard the request. I sent them a link to this forum; I'd suggest posting a note here, and send a note to them letting them know that it's important and you'd pay if they sold it. Hopefully they'll get on it and write their own conduit.

- Adam