1.    #1  
    I would like to know if it is possible to password protect the palm section of the Treo 650, and just keep the phone section accessible? Sorry if I overlooked this on the forum somewhere or in the manual, but I am having trouble finding out about this. Thanks.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    I think its all or nothing... but if you find a way please post back
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I think its all or nothing... but if you find a way please post back
    Geez, if this is true, how lame. I just thought that there would be a way to password protect the palm section. I don't really like the security feature which password protects the whole thing. It should have an option to password protect the palm section, or the phone section or both. I hope someone, somewhere, somehow, comes up with a way to do this.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    I think you can do it with a custom launcher (like ZLAuncher)
    Just put the Phone app in an unprotected tab, and the rest in a protected tab...

See if it works for you, and inform us please...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    Geez, if this is true, how lame. I just thought that there would be a way to password protect the palm section. I don't really like the security feature which password protects the whole thing. It should have an option to password protect the palm section, or the phone section or both. I hope someone, somewhere, somehow, comes up with a way to do this.
    There really isn't a "palm section" and a "phone section" -- one of the key features of the Treo is that it is an integrated device.
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc
    There really isn't a "palm section" and a "phone section" -- one of the key features of the Treo is that it is an integrated device.
    Correct... The phone is just software within the palm
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I think you can do it with a custom launcher (like ZLAuncher)
    Just put the Phone app in an unprotected tab, and the rest in a protected tab...

See if it works for you, and inform us please...
    Sounds like it would, but to be honest with you I like my original Palm OS.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Correct... The phone is just software within the palm
    Well it might be, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to password protect the palm section when within the phone app. It should have something similiar to the program applock. Anyway, thanks for your help guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    Well it might be, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to password protect the palm section when within the phone app. It should have something similiar to the program applock. Anyway, thanks for your help guys.
    I would also like this ability, I just don't think it exist. I haven't tried "applock". That might work
    I could swear I recently saw a PDA/phone that does this but I can't remember which one. Maybe the Blackberry 7100? Can anyone confirm?

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    applock will be your best bet. You can lock everything that is in the palm section. Give it try.........
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....