Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I posted this in the US GSM board but I thought people on this board would appreciate hearing this.

I live in OC and as of 8pm I am consistently getting over 100 kbps again. Has anyone else noticed this? Let's hope this is the end to the problems.
    I live in OC too and the past week has been real bad. I just did 3 tests and the worst was 50kb and the best was 93kb. I dont know if this is a coincidence but before I downloaded the cingular firmware I was getting 99k-125k consistently. I haven't seen those speeds in like 2 weeks.
    Hey guys... sorry for my ignorance, but are you talking about EDGE? If so, how do I measure how fast my connection is?

Is there anything special I need to do on my Treo to use EDGE? I'm signed up for the unlimited MediaWorks... is that enough?

Thanks for helping the noobie.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I dont think so...Although I have seen an improvement in speed, my area apears to be lower than when I first got the treo. When I first tried it I was getting around 95+, now I just seem to get between 50-60k...

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by vnguyenlong
    Hey guys... sorry for my ignorance, but are you talking about EDGE? If so, how do I measure how fast my connection is?

Is there anything special I need to do on my Treo to use EDGE? I'm signed up for the unlimited MediaWorks... is that enough?

Thanks for helping the noobie.
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/mspeed
    Newton 120 -> Newton 2000 -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Prism -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 (Cingular | Unlocked)
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I think the link is actually dslreports.com/mspeed

Also, I just checked again this morning and I am getting 115 kbps using the 600k test. My speeds are lower (90's kbps) if I use the 200k test.

I am not sure what has changed but my speeds have definitely improved to back to what they were a few weeks ago. I can stream 128kbps shoutcast stations again!!

Hopefully the changes Cingular made to South OC will be propogated to where all of you live.
    Both links work buirus, just click the link and you can see that.