1.    #1  
    I purchased a Sprint branded Treo 650 at the beginning of March. I took it all over the State of California and was really impressed with the quality of the voice calls and the speed of the data. But my Treo had an annoying little habit: It would reset at the most inopportune moments. So, I took it back to my local Spring store and it was replaced.

My replacement did not have that problem. I had a couple snags with synchronization, but the device was stable. I was very happy with the plan I had: 1100 minutes for $65; Unlimited data for $15 (free for the first month); 300 text messages included; No roaming for $5.

Well, you know how the grass always looks greener on the other side? I figured since I travel overseas quite a bit, I should opt for an unlocked Treo 650 (GSM) and port my number back to T-Mobile from which I had ported it to Sprint. I did just that and received by unlocked Treo. What a mistake!

The unlocked Treo makes a hissing sound that is so loud, it hurts my ears. My callers say I sound like I'm under water. When I spoke with the PalmOne tech, he asked me, "Is it raining?" The volume is so low I can't even hear anything unless I am in an absolutely quiet place. And when it is quiet enough to ear, the cracking and hissing sounds really hurts my ear. Anyway, PalmOne determined that the device was defective and sent me a UPS tag to get it back. They're sending out a new one. But I heard from someone that he had to return four unlocked Treos for the same problem I have.

In short, I wish I could just go back to Sprint and just use a prepaid SIM with another unlocked phone I have while I'm overseas. The sound quality of the Sprint branded Treo was great. I'm wondering though if Sprint will allow for the reactivation of the account.

** No, I'm not a Sprint employee. I work for local government in Northern, CA. That even earned me a 15% discount.
    David
    I have a friend with a Sprint 650 and his sounds stellar.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by defii
    I'm wondering though if Sprint will allow for the reactivation of the account.
    I bet they would take you back, but just not give you discounts for reactivation.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by defii
    When I spoke with the PalmOne tech, he asked me, "Is it raining?"
    LOL no sir, I think that's your QA department!