1.    #1  
    Chattermail seems to take over from time to time - my Treo 650 goes to sleep after x minutes of inactivity, then sometimes when I go to wake it (pushing the green telephone button) nothing happens. It's as if it's frozen. A quick sort reset using the reset button under the battery cover seems to sort it out.

There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern - it's sort of happening "every now and them", but deleting Chatter from the Treo makes the problem go away.

The OBVIOUS solution is to use snapper or versa, and without wanting to buy into the "which is better" debate - I'm happy with snapper, but I really like the idea of push mail, so I'd like to at least give Chattermail a fair trial.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nick.
    My first suggestion would be to post at my forum at www.chatteremail.com, since I check it more frequently than this one (i.e. every 15 minutes instead of every 5 minutes )

Next, I'd ask what carrier you're using and what version of Chatter, whether you're using SSL, whether "Enable Local Network Time" is set, and probably some other things, depending on the answers to those.

Then, it would be great if you could make a log that I could review. There are instructions for logging at http://www.chatteremail.com in the FAQ section.

Marc

p.s. You can also email me for support at chatteremail@imap.cc

Quote Originally Posted by norloff
    Chattermail seems to take over from time to time - my Treo 650 goes to sleep after x minutes of inactivity, then sometimes when I go to wake it (pushing the green telephone button) nothing happens. It's as if it's frozen. A quick sort reset using the reset button under the battery cover seems to sort it out.

There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern - it's sort of happening "every now and them", but deleting Chatter from the Treo makes the problem go away.

The OBVIOUS solution is to use snapper or versa, and without wanting to buy into the "which is better" debate - I'm happy with snapper, but I really like the idea of push mail, so I'd like to at least give Chattermail a fair trial.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nick.
    It's a known problem:
    http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...id=437&catid=5

Still happens to me (Unable to power on).
    PalmOne GSM unlocked
    Chattermail Version 1.0.4.rc8
    No, I don't think that's it; I think it's a background SSL problem or an old version. I don't think anyone is seeing freezes with the most recent versions (or at least I haven't heard it).

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Turning off "Enable Local Network Time" sxeems to have fixed the problem, at least it hasn't happened again.

Thanks for the help Marc.

Nick.
    Which Treo do you have? Sprint or GSM?
    (I've read in other posts that the Network Time problem only affects the
    Sprint model)

Quote Originally Posted by norloff
    Turning off "Enable Local Network Time" sxeems to have fixed the problem, at least it hasn't happened again.

Thanks for the help Marc.

Nick.