1.    #1  
    I posted this inquiry on the main board but no one helped me. I installed the Sprint update for the 650 but lost my email icon that shows up on the top menu of the "home" page when I have new Business Connection mail. I looked at every preference I could find with no luck. "Get BC" is set as my default email program. is Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    When you say "home" page what do you mean? The phone dialer? It still works for me.

I had some issues after the install, but I just re-installed BC on my PC and Treo and now no problems. See if that works for you.
    "Get BC" shouldn't be your default. That's the application that downloads the application.
    I hope my explanation isn't too confusing. After the update, my Business Connection icon is gone. The program shows as "Get BC". When I select that icon, Zlauncher opens the BizConn app from the card and it works like always.

It's weird, but it works just like it did before. I only use the BizConn app to grab files from the desktop, and not for email. The Treo just uses the "Get BC" icon instead of the old BizConn icon. Also, in the "default apps" preference screen, my options are Snappermail or Versamail (I use Snapper). BizConn is not an option.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5.    #5  
    Uninstall, reinstall fixed it (don't know why I didn't do that earlier). But the updater definitely messed this up.
    As KMRamsauer mentioned the "Get BC" is the stub applicaiton in the ROM that downloads the real mail client. What happens normally is after you have Business Connection installed the "Get BC" icon is hidden and you see the "Biz Conn" icon which is the real client.

Now back to the problem. After you did the ROM update did you hotsync your applications back to the 650? And if so was the Biz Conn still missing? I did the updater but I don't recall losing the application after the update and a hot sync but I might of missed it and just clicked on Get BC to pull it back from Sprint. This is another reason why having it in the ROM can be helpful although it annoys most people.
    Last night, when I receive a vibrating alert that email has been pushed to my device through BC, the icon that shows up on the phone screen is no longer there. MobileDave said he unistalled and reinstalled the BC program, is that the fix?
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    I got it to work.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    I got it to work.
    Did you uninstall and reinstall the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Did you uninstall and reinstall the app?
    Yeah. The icon is back but it does seem to be acting up a little still (no resets or anything).

If I haven't got into my email but Biz Con has synced after I have read a new message on my PC normally the icon would disappear. However, sometimes the icon is still on the phone screen until I go into BC, it sees I don't have new mail, and when I go back to the phone screen it's gone. This is no big deal, I just can't remember it happening like this before.