Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi there. I just purchased my new 650 and need some questions answered.

1. How do I assign speeddials? For instance, hold down 1 for voicemail. That one works. Now how 'bout my home number on 2?

2. How do I assign diffrent ringers to diffrent numbers? Can you assign the same ringer to MULTIPLE numbers?

Thanks, and hopefully I'll figure this thing out!!

jfire
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Both of these topics are covered in the Treo Users Manual that was provided with your T650. I would suggest starting there...
    Quote Originally Posted by jfire

1. How do I assign speeddials? For instance, hold down 1 for voicemail. That one works. Now how 'bout my home number on 2?

2. How do I assign diffrent ringers to diffrent numbers? Can you assign the same ringer to MULTIPLE numbers?

jfire
    And for the sake of saving yourself some grief - you'll be well served to check the manual and then do a search here before asking a question - viewers tend to get a bit cranky when asked questions that are readily answered by the methods listed above.
    Another method that works well is to actually poke around your Treo to find the answer...but, to answer your question, do the following:
    1. Go to Phone
    2. Click down on the 5-way navigator to view the blue table
    3. On one of the blank cells, click on the center 5-way button. This will bring up a screen allowing you to assign a speed dial number. On that screen, you should also be able to choose the ringtone.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    JFire, you can also create shortcuts to your programs using the methods Koolio mentioned above. I would suggest purchasing Butler, as that will allow you to use your shortcuts from anywhere in the device.

Furthermore, check out Ringo. It's a program that allows you to assign MP3s as ringtones to individuals or groups. It also allows you to assign regular MIDI ringtones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfire

jfire
    No offence jfire. But I think that's why lots of manufacturer nowadays decide to save paper cost and put the manual in pdf format in a CD
    anyone know how to type an underscore?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    anyone know how to type an underscore?

hahahahahahaha
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    you have to press the little blue button, then "s", but make sure you're holding the treo upside down, otherwise you get a minus.
    Cut the guy some slack!!

See what I mean
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeVA
    you have to press the little blue button, then "s", but make sure you're holding the treo upside down, otherwise you get a minus.
    Ohhh that's what I was doing wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Another method that works well is to actually poke around your Treo to find the answer...but, to answer your question, do the following:
    1. Go to Phone
    2. Click down on the 5-way navigator to view the blue table
    3. On one of the blank cells, click on the center 5-way button. This will bring up a screen allowing you to assign a speed dial number. On that screen, you should also be able to choose the ringtone.

I'll just add to what Koolio said.

The speed dial is the field labeled "quick Key" and you put a letter in there not a number. Not intuitive to me anyway.

Speed dial for letter for the number 2 then is the letter R.
    numer 3 is the letter T
    NUmer 4 is the letter D as so on.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks Guys.

I have the PDF File and the book and for the life of me I couldn't find the info.
    Where do I get this Ringo App at? Also, whay won't this thing beam files from my laptop's IR port? Couldn't find that one, either.

Thanks again for the help!

jfire