1.    #1  
    To anyone that owns a HBH-660 BT Sony Ericsson headset.

A few days ago I purchased this model and love it.

However, that next day, I broke the strap that was included with the headset. I managed to fix it. However, today I lost it or my fix didn't last.

I called Sony Ericsson to see about getting the strap replaced (specially the holding clip itself). They told me they did not see it in the computer as an item, to be ordered.

I'm going to try again in a day or two, maybe talking to someone else might prove to be more fruitful.

In the meantime, I'm looking for someone that owns this headset but does not to ever used the included stap that came with it.

Would you be willing to part with it?

Please email me if you this strap means nothing to you, I would great appreciate it.

Also, maybe someone from TreoCentral might read this and find one laying around in the store?

Thank you.

Robert

rlanza1054@aol.com
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

that makes two of us what a bad desgin if you get one please let me know where u got it from!
    p.s. I'm also looking for one protosparts@hotmail.com
    Did you guys get your 660's from Dan's? If so you might check in with him to see if he has a source to get replacements on these.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    any luck with sony robert?
    Or you could get one of these little cases and tell us how you like it
    http://www1.vajacases.com/images/acc...-pouch_en.html
  6.    #6  
    No such luck with Sony, but did write them a letter and here it is:

Jim,

In my search for a replacement to the neck strap (specifically the attaching plastic clip) or from what I've seen it called as a lanyard, I have discovered that more than a few people are in search for this item.

As you suggested local stores are not going to open a new box and take out that item to satisfy my needs over a customer who purchases a new HBH-660 and desires a closed box.

So that is not an option!

Since you state it is not sold separately. I think Sony/Ericsson needs to re-evaluate that policy.

I for one am not a happy camper at this point.

So to help get Sony/Ericsson started on reviewing its policy, I would like to have the name and address of the CEO of the Sony/Ericsson division responsible for this item, so that I might write them a letter explaining my desire to have them sell this item separately.

I realize this is not going to be a profitable item, (probably costs all of 2 cents to make if that) but it would be in the best interest of consumer satisfaction.

I also am talking to the few people I've met along the way that are in need of this replacement and will notify them on the message boards that are recommending this particular product, that at present Sony/Ericsson does not support this device in its entirety.

I was told that you also don't have replacement for the ear grip which can come lose as it is not part of the electronic section.

Basically, these other people told me that customer service is telling everyone to just purchase a new $100 headset if a part is lost.

I will await the information I just requested as I am in the process of composing a letter to them and would like to send it out ASAP.

Gratefully,

Robert Lanza
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Cool beans... Count me in as a dissatisfied customer as I am in search of it as well.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    You against the Sony empire! Good luck!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  9.    #9  
    I was told by Sony that they are escalating my complaint and I should hear from them in a few days.

However, I have also sent a letter to the CEO asking for his help.

If you guys want to see my letter let me know, I don't mind posting it here.

Robert
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054

If you guys want to see my letter let me know, I don't mind posting it here.

Robert
    You already did...
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  11.    #11  
    Sorry that was the email I sent to the customer support person that I was talking to.

Here is the letter that I sent to the CEO and a few other excutives

Monday, April 04, 2005

Mr. Mats Granryd
    Senior Vice President and General Manager, Business Unit CDMA
    Ericssion Inc. EUS
    North American Headquarters
    6300 Legacy Drive
    Plano, TX 75024

Mr. Granryd:

I have recently purchase a Sony/Ericsson HBH-660 Bluetooth headset for use with my Treo 650.

This unit came with a strap to carry the unit when not hooked over the ear. It was a black corded strap that had a propriety clip that attached to the unit. This clip is a replica of the charging clip, a unique design.

Unfortunately, my strap broke the first day, but I managed to fix it. However, the next day, I lost the strap and specifically that unique clip.

Iíve being trying ever since to get a replacement of at least the clip, I can supply my own lanyard.

But a lanyard on it own is useless unless you have the clip that would anchor to the unit.

I have attempted to no avail to go through your customer support department.

They are in a nut shell telling me that there is no way to get a replacement and that I should purchase a new $100 HBH-660, which is ridiculous.

These clips cost pennies to produce, so may be your company may feels itís not worth stocking extras of this items. I am pleading with you to reconsider this policy.

In my search to fine this part, I have found that there are others who are just as frustrated that they can not get replacement parts for the HBH-660.

Another suggestion from you customer service was for me to contact my dealer and see if they would not mind taking the strap and clip out of an unopened box. Well I donít think I have to tell you what the dealer said. They also do not have a way to replace this part.

So now I am left with pleading with upper management to find a way to get a replacement part and to find out why you do not offer lost or damaged parts to the HGH-660.

Please help me and find a solution to my problem and help me obtain a new clip with or without the neck strap. The entire accessory came contained in a small plastic zip lock bag.

I look forward to hearing from you and a resolution to this matter.

Thank you for your attention in this matter

Gratefully,

Robert Lanza
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I will sell you my lanyard if youd like.......
    C~Money
    ~Treo 600 ~~> Treo 650 (Sprint PCS)
    ~Sony Ericsson HBH-660 & Jabra EarGel
    ~Vaja i-Volution T-65 (Caterina Steel Gray)
    ~Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card
    ~pa1mOne cradle (w/extra battery)