1.    #1  
    Hello, I'm new here and had a few questions for you. I did do a search first and really didn't find any answers to my questions so I apologize in advance if they are out there. Little background, I have the treo 650 from Cingular which is locked and I do not have a SD card as of yet. I have only loaded programs from the CD which came with the phone (including the two games) and that is it. I have owned the phone for 6 days now and here are my questions/issues:

1. While on the internet yesterday, a pop up window appeared notifying me there was an incoming call, before I could do anything the phone reset itself (by this I mean if I were to remove the battery and the palm start up windows were displayed). Today I tried to duplicate this by having my phone on the internet and then calling from a land line and now a different screen shows up displaying the caller id and allowing me to answer or reject the call. It did not do this yesterday when it reset my phone, it was like a little pop up window with a black border and some text which only took up about 2/3's of the screen. Any idea's?

2. Quite often Versamail will fail to download my e-mail. I have it set to grab my e-mail every two hours and I have made sure that I was not using the phone at all while it tried to get the mail on 3 seperate occasions, yet it still failed. To get it working again, I've had to turn the phone portion off, turn it back on after a few seconds, then 'get' mail to get it back on track. I have noticed that several users prefer snapper mail instead, is this a known issue with Versamail?

3. A lot of times I will get 'Message Truncated' on my e-mails and I am forced to 'get' the mail again. I know this is not a big deal but it's a little annoying that it will grab a portion of the e-mail but not all of it. Again, is this a known issue with versamail?

Please do not take this as a bashing of the phone, I think this is a great device and I have no regrets of purchasing it... I just had a few question's regarding the odd occurances I've noticed in the last 6 days and was hoping to get some advice/input. Thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to share.
    As for the internet, may just be a glitch. You might want to try loading the latest firmware, I've had no problems since I loaded it onto mine.

Versamail tends to fail download on mine as well sometimes, but this is generally when I'm browsing the internet, or using another program that takes up the GPRS connection. Also check where you are and your signal strength when it is scheduled to get mail. No signal, no mail.

As for the "message truncated", go to your prefs in VersaMail. Increase the message size in "Prefs", "Delivery Options". Chances are, message is being truncated because it is larger than the designated download size.

Hope this helps.
    Oops, missed where you said you made sure you weren't doing anything when the email tried to download.

Don't know what to tell you about that then.
  4.    #4  
    dcsipe, I just changed the e-mail size to 3000k, so hopefully that will help with the message truncated issue. On a side note, I got the error that versamail failed to get the mail. I selected 'get' and it failed so I turned the phone off, then back on again and when I opened versamail, it caused a reset where the phone completley powered off and started back up with the palm start up screen. I know this is minor but I don't think it should be resetting like this although I think this is only about the 4th time in the 6 days I have owned it. I'm just wondering if I should contact Cingular and discuss exchanging the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wookiee2cu
    dcsipe, I just changed the e-mail size to 3000k, so hopefully that will help with the message truncated issue. On a side note, I got the error that versamail failed to get the mail. I selected 'get' and it failed so I turned the phone off, then back on again and when I opened versamail, it caused a reset where the phone completley powered off and started back up with the palm start up screen. I know this is minor but I don't think it should be resetting like this although I think this is only about the 4th time in the 6 days I have owned it. I'm just wondering if I should contact Cingular and discuss exchanging the phone.
    Dial #*377 and read the error message regarding your last reset. If it
    mentions 'Halradio' you have a broken phone (bad hardware). Return it
    immediately.
    Regarding Versamail, I've found it to be very unstable. Snappermail
    has never given me any problems at all.

Hope this helps,
    a'
  6.    #6  
    arn0,
    Thanks for the tip. I checked it and all it read was 'reset was caused on 3-25 at 12:30pm while running "VersaMail" Fatal Exception '

So I guess that is some what good news. Is there a code to check all the error messages so far on the phone? Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by wookiee2cu
    arn0,
    Thanks for the tip. I checked it and all it read was 'reset was caused on 3-25 at 12:30pm while running "VersaMail" Fatal Exception '

So I guess that is some what good news. Is there a code to check all the error messages so far on the phone? Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.
    I don't think there's a code to display previous error messages prior to the
    last one. A search for "error codes" on the forums here has verified that.
    Your error message about versamail and fatal exceptions does verify my
    feelings towards it. Resets, lockups getting/receiving mail, and just general
    headaches are unacceptable, especially in an app that is used as frequently
    as mail. Of course, this is just my opinion.

a'
  8.    #8  
    Thanks arn0. I did a search as well and didn't come up with anything but I thought maybe I somehow missed it. Oh well, I guess I'll either just deal with it or get Snappermail. $50 sounds like a lot for the Premier package though
    (I need the SSL for one of my accounts). Thanks for your help.