1.    #1  
    I got all my ports setup and it handshakes and connects but when it does connect I only get a black screen with no login prompt or anything(i have xp pro). But if I terminal in on another xp box at the same time then authenticate through windows it then paints the screen. DO I need to leave my pc at home logged in?

Also can Palm VNC do draggable scrolling like WINHAND? That is a sweet feature. Thanks.
    Make sure you install the PalmVNC video driver. Make sure you have UltraVNC on your XP machine set to run as a service. You also need to log in one time from the Console of your PC and set the UltraVNC password.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I got all my ports setup and it handshakes and connects but when it does connect I only get a black screen with no login prompt or anything(i have xp pro). But if I terminal in on another xp box at the same time then authenticate through windows it then paints the screen. DO I need to leave my pc at home logged in?
    VNC does not work well with XP's fast user login feature. Basically, if your XP computer is not actively logged in to your account, you can't access with VNC. There is a workaround I've found, though it's clumsy:

1. Install an ssh server on your desktop
    2. Ssh into the desktop (there are several good ssh apps for Palm)
    3. Assuming your account is "0" (type "qwinsta" to find out) type "tscon 0 /dest:console"
    4. This should allow you to login via VNC, at least until the next time someone else logs in.

If you aren't using fast user switching VNC should work if you don't have your account set to go back to the login screen after so much time.

Bill
    What does the VNC Video Driver do? I have a RealVNC installed already and have been using it awhile.. This is the first time I have heard about the VNC Video Driver.
    I'm running RealVNC 4.x on win2k with palmVNC 2.x on my Tungsten C... with the Authentication password set... I can remote control my desktop from any WIFI point (throught the aid of VPN)

I'm debating getting either a treo 650 or a SD WIFI card for my treo 600.... so I have yet to get it going on my phones... However I do have the VPN working on the treo 600 (through ISP dialup)...

Because of Firewall issues WinHand failed to register for me... and I don't want to punch holes for just one app....

dunno if this helps....
    Reg Key
    Active Use
    Palm Vx
    Palm M505
    Handspring Treo 270 {being repaired}
    palmOne Tungsten C
    palmOne Treo 600
    Retired
    Palm Pilot Personal {broken screen}