1.    #1  
    That is except for the cable from my laptop to my phone.

I just downloaded PDANet and installed it. Didn't have to tweak a thing. Just clicked the Icon on my Treo 650 and I was connected to the internet, via my Cingular service.

The first thing I did was check the speed. A 400K JPG downloaded with a speed of 123K. Not bad.

My laptop doesn't have Bluetooth but I think I'd rather just use the cable. When I get my HP DV1000, I might have Bluetooth installed and go completely wireless but this is ok for now.

Cool!
    Careful with measuring speeds with images. I know Sprints servers recompress images and thus can screw with the readings.
    Question, did you by chance up the max speed setting on you pdanet advanced settings? You can achieve faster speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    Question, did you by chance up the max speed setting on you pdanet advanced settings? You can achieve faster speeds.
    This works?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Careful with measuring speeds with images. I know Sprints servers recompress images and thus can screw with the readings.
    Only if you're using a recompressing proxy (which I believe Blazer on Sprint phones does).
    Quote Originally Posted by ipscone
    That is except for the cable from my laptop to my phone.
    When I get my HP DV1000, I might have Bluetooth installed and go completely wireless but this is ok for now.

Cool!
    I just recently got the HP DV1000 from Office Depot (where it was lower in price than competitors btw) and I'm loving it.

I have the HP DV1060 and it came fully loaded including BT.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre