Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63
  1. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #21  
    If you're going to write instructions, please take the time to be accurate. I am using Nero Recode 2.2.6.11 and your instructions do not match the menus. I'm going to play around with things on my own.
  2.    #22  
    @mvbashyam
    The good thing about your report: you do not get the "unsupported video" message, so it does not seem to be the "filesize problem".
    Maybe you should double check if the audio settings of Nero Recode are really 40.000kb/s-22050 Hz. (You have to change them manually)
    Another possibility is that your SD-Card is too slow (I am using Sandisk Extreme III).
    Maybe you could also try a lower bitrate.
    A last vague possibility is that NTSC-movies behave differently from PAL-movies (that is what I tested).

    @aldomon
    I am using the German version of Nero 6 reloaded, so I do not know the exact English menu items but I tried my best to translate them. If you want to have the EXACT GERMAN MENUS, post your e-mail and I will send them to you. If you feel that my instructions are not accurate enough, help us by correcting them or simply ignore my post.

    Frank
  3. #23  
    I modified a tool (open source stuff) that will take the decoded DVD and in one step create a Treo Camcorder (the built in camera app) compatible video. No cost for the player no cost for the converter. Very quick and about 100MB per hour. Pirates of the Carribean is about 275MB I think the movie is 2 1/2 hours. Treo encoder
    Adam West
  4. #24  
    wow, that sounds cool...so do you have to run it thru dvd decrypter first and then thru your decoder? if so, that is a totally free way to watch dvds on the treo! what format does it leave the movie in and can it be moved via a card reader?
  5. #25  
    Hey adamwest...

    Ok, I ran the movie thru dvd decrypter, but it gave me like 20 vob files. is there a way to consolidate all of the files into one so when I run it thru your encoder it is one movie instead of 20 files?
  6. #26  
    Doesn't work at all for me. The player just freezes up and won't play anything. I did my settings just as suggested. It looks like Kinoma is very unstable.

    I have a 60x SD card, but I'll try cutting the frame rate even farther. I did the last one at around 240kbps.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by floehrer
    Another possibility is that your SD-Card is too slow (I am using Sandisk Extreme III).
    ...
    A last vague possibility is that NTSC-movies behave differently from PAL-movies (that is what I tested).

    Frank
    Frank, I used NTSC movies viewed with an el cheapo Lexar 512MB without any problems-- I followed your instructions to the letter and got good results.

    -Sketchy
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    Ok, I ran the movie thru dvd decrypter, but it gave me like 20 vob files. is there a way to consolidate all of the files into one so when I run it thru your encoder it is one movie instead of 20 files?
    I would visit Video Help for tools to help with that. Lots of how to's and downloadable tools.
    Adam West
  9. #29  
    I still haven't been able to get it to work. Kinoma seems to be working, but it freezes up when trying to play a video. I have to soft reset it every time. I've tried a number of different bitrates. If I put the bitrate under 200kbps, I get an error and it won't even load the video.
  10. #30  
    I was able to get it to work this last time. I set the video bitrate at 266. I also used a small file by setting the end of the movie to about 20minutes into it. I'm trying to encode the entire movie now. Hopefully it's not hanging up on the size of the video. My finished videos have all been between 220 and 300MB.
  11.    #31  
    I am sorry that the way I suggested obviously does not work for everyone. Actually, I am a bit confused, because apart from the "big file" problem (mentioned before) or setting the bitrate too high, I have been successfull with every movie I tried. Maybe I was only lucky? So we probably still have to wait for a Kinoma Producer Version that takes the Video_TS directory with the VOB files directly just like Nero Recode does.

    Frank
  12. #32  
    I was finally able to get a decent result. It was a 2hr movie that ended up being about 250MBs. The only problem is that there is some faint popping in the audio sometimes. The problem is much worse if I don't use PXAClocker to overclock the CPU.

    I don't know if that means that I need more or less audio compression.

    EDIT: I finally got a good conversion. I ended up having to use 196.9kbps which resulted in a total filesize of 197MB. It plays smoothly and looks a lot better than the Pocket DiVX/MMPlayer files that I had previously used.

    I'm now going back and trying progressively higher bitrates. There was a bit of stutter in parts when using 242.9kbps on this 2-hour movie. When I use shorter movies, I can use higher bitrates without stuttering. Kinoma really seems to need the filesize to be under a certain level. Right now it's looking like around 220MB for me. My next encode is at 218.9kbps which should be 220MB, so we'll see.

    "rate distortion optimization" doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference other than adding about 10 minutes to the encoding time. I'll leave it turned off from now on.

    I tried the same 2-hour movie at 310kbps but changed the length of the movie by adjusting the start and end positions to get the final file size to 222MB and it worked just fine.
    Last edited by 2000 Man; 04/08/2005 at 01:46 PM.
  13. #33  
    Ok I don't see how you guys are setting the bitrates up that high (200's) It is barely watchable at 196 kps. I even did a hard resest and with nothing else except kinoma installed. Still the movie froze audio was way off..What is the secret to your sucess.
  14. #34  
    Try using PXAClocker. It helps a lot.

    I have settled on some different audio settings. Anything above 22050Hz seems to cause problems, but 40kbps didn't sound that good to me. I could still hear some pops now and then. 56kbps is the highest that you can go to still get 22050Hz and sounds much better than 40kbps. It only adds a little bit to the final size.

    Filesize is VERY important with Kinoma. As long as my total filesize is around 220MB, everything is great. The picture quality and audio sync are better than PocketDivX/mmplayer. For shorter movies, you can go as high as you want with the video bitrate and it still works. I think that my highest has been around 400kbps. It's not necessary to go that high, but I was just testing to see if it worked.

    My videos have been coming out to about 100MB/hour of movie time which is much smaller than PocketDivX.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Try using PXAClocker. It helps a lot.

    I have settled on some different audio settings. Anything above 22050Hz seems to cause problems, but 40kbps didn't sound that good to me. I could still hear some pops now and then. 56kbps is the highest that you can go to still get 22050Hz and sounds much better than 40kbps. It only adds a little bit to the final size.

    Filesize is VERY important with Kinoma. As long as my total filesize is around 220MB, everything is great. The picture quality and audio sync are better than PocketDivX/mmplayer. For shorter movies, you can go as high as you want with the video bitrate and it still works. I think that my highest has been around 400kbps. It's not necessary to go that high, but I was just testing to see if it worked.

    My videos have been coming out to about 100MB/hour of movie time which is much smaller than PocketDivX.
    WOW What a difference PXAclocker makes. Much improved..Just curious does anyone elese have an issue with the loudness of the audio? I can hear it but it a little on the low side. I use Ptunes as an example. I can crank the volume up to where you can't stand it. With Kinoma I have the volume all the way up and it's still a little on the low side.
  16. #36  
    got it to work on my bro's comp that had nero recode.. but the video at regular size is pretty small i have to zoom in (still clear too!) however the volume is pretty low any way to amplify it before i do my next movie conversion?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by gobigblue
    WOW What a difference PXAclocker makes. Much improved..Just curious does anyone elese have an issue with the loudness of the audio? I can hear it but it a little on the low side. I use Ptunes as an example. I can crank the volume up to where you can't stand it. With Kinoma I have the volume all the way up and it's still a little on the low side.
    Anyone have any suggestions with the audio issue??
  18. #38  
    This is a great solution, i purchased Nero for $30, and got all of the plugin serial no.s (from a secret source) and it works great. I also got the Kinoma player demo and a serial no (from another secret source), and the setup used works perfect

    Thanks Floehrer!
  19. #39  
    Not that I would condone secret sources, but Recode 2 and Kinoma is the single best looking DVD playback option for the 650.

    I'd really like to see TCPMP do a better job with MP4 playback so that I can use it instead of Kinoma since it has some nice features. If it ever supported the Nero AVC codec, that would be incredible.
  20. #40  
    I actually purchased Nero 6.6 Ultra, but they did not give me all of the serial no.s to use the product properly. Nero then wanted an additional $24 for audio and video recording options. My hand was forced to look to my secret source, and once i started i could not stop, so along came Kinoma the same way........I have tried to be good, but every turn i make 'The Man' keeps knocking me down.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions