Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I successfully swapped the faceplate for the beat up one on the sprint treo 600. Fits like a glove! Super easy to do. They even provide the T-6 driver to loosen the screws. Does anyone know where to acquire the back cover/casing.
    Who is "They"?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rshm3n
    I successfully swapped the faceplate for the beat up one on the sprint treo 600. Fits like a glove! Super easy to do. They even provide the T-6 driver to loosen the screws. Does anyone know where to acquire the back cover/casing.
    Is it a Sprint faceplate? If so where did you get it. I've only seen the silver ones on Shopoem.com.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    yes where?!
    I actually prefer the silver look to the 'charcoal' look. If you have a sprint branded phone, can you use the 'handspring' faceplate on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I actually prefer the silver look to the 'charcoal' look. If you have a sprint branded phone, can you use the 'handspring' faceplate on it?
    That's the one I looking for-Sprint/Handsring. I'll take the Sprint/palmOne as long as it's charcoal color.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Turbo, do you have a silver one (aka Handspring or AT&T cover)? If so, maybe we can swap (mine is kind of scratched though.)
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Turbo, do you have a silver one (aka Handspring or AT&T cover)? If so, maybe we can swap (mine is kind of scratched though.)
    t2gungho,

I have the charcoal and the chrome around the screen is chipped.

Tks anyany
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    anybody still got the back of the case/housing left ?
    I'm kinda desporately looking for one to remove the camera lens (job related)
    water created humans to carry it up hills
    Oh wow, I think this will come in handy with my friend's cracked treo. He needs a new case.

Can someone provide a link where I can find one pls.
    Here's the link to shopoem.com where faceplates are available.

http://www.andale.com/store?sid=1697...l&parentCatId=

Unfortunately for me, no Sprint faceplates seem to be available.

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    cool website
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Has anyone tried puting on a GSM faceplate on a CDMA 600? I ordered a faceplate just for the hell of it - just want to know if someone else has tried it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    wow! I can imagine the flood of 600's on eBay going "Brand New"! But I do want a Sprint one for my 600. And if I can get a replacement screen, I would be back in bidness!
    I've successfully swapped the silver gsm face cover for the sprint cdma charcoal colored cover. I have both phones. My sprint phone is my work horse, and the gsm one is for international travels.

The backing of the gsm phone is not swappable unless you leave the sim card tray out. But if you do this, a lot of dust will enter this hole/space. The cdma send/receiving unit is a different design than the gsm send/receiving unit, mainly because of the sim card location.

The website that sells the face plates has since sold out. bummer!

GC
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC
    I've successfully swapped the silver gsm face cover for the sprint cdma charcoal colored cover. I have both phones. My sprint phone is my work horse, and the gsm one is for international travels.

The backing of the gsm phone is not swappable unless you leave the sim card tray out. But if you do this, a lot of dust will enter this hole/space. The cdma send/receiving unit is a different design than the gsm send/receiving unit, mainly because of the sim card location.

The website that sells the face plates has since sold out. bummer!

GC
    Thanks much for the reply. I feel much better knowing someone did this. I can live with a silver face w/ charcoal back - somewhat unique. I think I'll buy a new battery so I can kill two birds in one shot. Cool...
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Got my GSM faceplate ($12.99 with T6 driver) from ShopOEM yesterday and installed it today. The cool thing is it doesn't have any branding on it except the Handspring logo. Now it looks brand new with mix and match colors: black keyboard on silver face, black antenna, carbon backplate. And that chipped and scratched CDMA earpiece nub is gone. And to think after 19 months it is NOW still perfect - haven't even replaced the battery yet.

BTW: very easy to replace most of the parts if you have patience. Careful, the headset jack gets in the way when pulling apart or replacing the covers.

Hmmm.... Anybody want to set up a Treo repair shop?
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 04/20/2005 at 12:33 PM.
    ChemEngr,

Congratulations, It sounds as though you have a new looking Treo.

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    New and UNIQUE!!! I'll post pics when I get a chance.
    Sprint Treo600 rev. D
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast