1.    #1  
    I have an unlocked GSM and have been trying to use the 650 as a DUN modem through BT on Tmobile... i used the guide from palmone and a little forum help to configure it, works like a champ, but it seems to disconnect (from the tmobile data GRPS service, not the local Bluetooth connection) after around 3 minutes... i can immediatly reestablish the connection but it will disconnect after another 3 minutes or so. it seems like this is about the same amount of time it takes for the phone to sleep after being used.
    has anyone else run into this?
    Quote Originally Posted by martin987
    I have an unlocked GSM and have been trying to use the 650 as a DUN modem through BT on Tmobile... i used the guide from palmone and a little forum help to configure it, works like a champ, but it seems to disconnect (from the tmobile data GRPS service, not the local Bluetooth connection) after around 3 minutes... i can immediatly reestablish the connection but it will disconnect after another 3 minutes or so. it seems like this is about the same amount of time it takes for the phone to sleep after being used.
    has anyone else run into this?
    I have a GSM phone, as well. I get the same thing using pdanet. It just started happening last week. Before that it was fine.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I had a similar issue with Cingular. It seems to be an inactivity timeout, either with the carrier itself or the Treo. I solved it by running a little script in the background that pings a server every 15 seconds, to keep the network connection active.

I'd recommend calling T-Mobile or Cingular support about this, but I don't want to be blamed for the subsequent pain this will surely cause.