Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I keep holding off on getting a bluetooth headset for the 650. I currently use www.theboom.com the noise cancelling is exceptional. I drive a suburban and road noise is a problem. I do a lot of work on my mobile and like that the boom makes it seem like I'm in the office no matter where I'm at. But it's wired...

    I had hopes for the Jabra bt500, but it's not out yet. Or the plantronics m2500, but I read a few reviews online and it doesn't seem to noise cancel well.

    So I ask, what is the best for noise cancelling, bluetooth headset?
  2. #2  
    There's about 45 threads on the subject here on the forum. Hit the search button / advanced search put "BT headset" in the box, slect "titled only" on you're set.

    For my money tho, the best headset for the Treo 650 is the one made specifically for it by PalmOne.

    http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0003&cat=20023

    Other popular units are the Scala nd the HBH-660 (now being replaced by the 662)

    Alternately, you might wanna try a visor mount like the Supertalk

    http://www.goldlantern.com/supertalk.html
  3. #3  
    I think smartphone's asking if there are any bluetooth headsets that are specifically noise cancelling.
  4. #4  
    Doesn't the Scala provide noise canceling?
  5. #5  
    not the jabra 2500 for sure. lots of noise and other issues as well. I am going to go for the new P1 unit for the 650 with hopes that will be the ticket
  6. #6  
    HBH660, Scala and treo (new ones) headsets are not noice cancelling ones. I used all three of them and none of them can cancel noice. I heard the new jabra bt800 has noice cancellation but there are issues between treo and jabra BT800. Has anyone tried BT800 after sprint update???
  7. #7  
    Oops, excuse me. It's "WindGuard" that the Scala provides.
  8.    #8  
    Right, I'm trying to find one that I can use in a noisy environment or in my car and it will sound like I'm in my office...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    I think smartphone's asking if there are any bluetooth headsets that are specifically noise cancelling.
    I searched and found this at the top. I probably shoulda said put "noise cancelling" in the search box as that's what I did this time.

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=71296

    Continuing, there's other threads on the Plantronics 3000, Motorola 805/810/820, BT800, Sony HBH-600/660, Treo, etc alll of which are noise cancelling.

    Here's one I haven't seen here tho

    http://www.behandsfree.com/ProductIn...ctid=WHEAD1014
  10. #10  
    my bt800 works the same after the sprint update as it did before... about 80% of the time it works perfectly, the other 20% it's got delay issues.
    however it does truly have noise cancelling and volume boosting- so once i get the call transfered, it's crystal clear on both ends.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    my bt800 works the same after the sprint update as it did before... about 80% of the time it works perfectly, the other 20% it's got delay issues.
    however it does truly have noise cancelling and volume boosting- so once i get the call transfered, it's crystal clear on both ends.
    How long it takes (for an average) for BT800 to transfer call on its own? Does it ring at all if call comes in? How heavy is it? And last but not least do you recommend this headphone if someone can wait 7 to 8 seconds of delay in order to get true noice canceling bluetooth headset? I hope other than transfer delays there arent any issue with BT800? Am I right.
  12. #12  
    3 hours
  13. #13  
    mine takes between 2 and 10 seconds to transfer- meanwhile the person on the other end has silence. i usually pick up the phone quickly before the bt stack takes hold and tell the person to hold on a sec. it does ring when a call comes in. i set it to just vibrate instead of ring. the device is very light (less than an ounce i'd say) and lots smaller than i thought it would be.
    other than transfer delay there is nothing wrong with the bt800. you will get intermittent loss of the ability to look up the recent calls, but i haven't had that happen lately.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)

Posting Permissions