Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I'm about to upgrade from my Treo 600 to thre 650 and the one thing bugging me is camera quallity. On my 600 it's so bad it's practically useless. Has the camera on the 650 improved any?
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #2  
    Somewhat.
  3. #3  
    about 5 fold better
  4. Silver5's Avatar
    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #4  
    The camera on the 650 is a lot better than the one on the 600. It takes really good pictures even in darker rooms where the 600 can't even take a picture at all.
  5. #5  
    ^ Ditto.

    The T650s Camera is way better than the one in the T600 and the camcorder feature built into the T650 is better than tools I used with the T600.
  6. #6  
    Imagine digital cameras about 6 or 7 years ago. Then you will know what the 650 is like. Besides the pathetic resolution, the quality is poor. Take a look at all of the blog photos and you'll quickly see that the Treo 650 barely qualifies as a camera at all.

    I would have much rather had a Treo 650 without a camera and saved the $5 it cost to put it in.
  7. #7  
    650's camera is significantly better than 600's.
  8. #8  
    It 'appears' the camera on the 650 is better than the 600, but... I actually believe they are the same, it is merely the screen resolution that makes the 650 'look' so much better.

    When I took my SD card from my 600 and put it into my 650, the pictures I had take on my 600 were amazing!.. They looked like they were take on the 650...

    Check it out, let me know if you find the same thing!... But yes...it is better!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhas
    It 'appears' the camera on the 650 is better than the 600, but... I actually believe they are the same, it is merely the screen resolution that makes the 650 'look' so much better.

    When I took my SD card from my 600 and put it into my 650, the pictures I had take on my 600 were amazing!.. They looked like they were take on the 650...

    Check it out, let me know if you find the same thing!... But yes...it is better!
    From my experience, the 650's photos are much better. I base this on the photos that I've emailed myself from both cameras. Perhaps the pictures from the 600 look OK on the 650 because you are looking at them at a lower resolution compared to a full-fledged PC. Photos from my 600 would have blue dots all over the place, for one thing, and they were generally of lesser quality...
  10. #10  
    ^ Ditto.

    To me there is no debate to be had here.
  11.    #11  
    Many thanks to all who have answered! It appears that while the resolution of the camera itself is not changed, perhaps the optics have been upgraded. Anyway, I'm getting a 650 and retiring my 600. I would really have liked WiFi in the 650 but I'm sure that someone will get a WiFi card to work before too long. It will be nice to have bluetooth again, too!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipscone
    Imagine digital cameras about 6 or 7 years ago. Then you will know what the 650 is like. Besides the pathetic resolution, the quality is poor. Take a look at all of the blog photos and you'll quickly see that the Treo 650 barely qualifies as a camera at all.

    I would have much rather had a Treo 650 without a camera and saved the $5 it cost to put it in.
    The poster asked for a comparison between the 600 and 650.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  13. #13  
    check out my most recent pics at http://kod.textamerica.com they were all taken with the 650. They get resized to x460 though but they can go up to x640.
  14. #14  
    I guess I'm in the minority here, but I could get great pictures out of the 600. With the 650, I haven't been able to master it yet... Sure, the 650 is a million times better in a dark room, but in a well lit room the pictures don't seem as sharp. Here are some of the better 600 photos that I took for reference material:

    http://www.crowza.com/image/temp/treo/sample1.jpg
    http://www.crowza.com/image/temp/treo/sample2.jpg
    http://www.crowza.com/image/temp/treo/sample3.jpg
    http://www.crowza.com/image/temp/treo/sample5.jpg


    Please note that these were resized from the 600. I just can't get this quality out of the 650.. yet.
  15. #15  
    Those pics do look good.
  16. #16  
    Yes, the 650 has better white balance...
  17. #17  
    I have a pretty large collection of Treo 650 shots on my moblog now if you want to see a Treo 650 in every day action (these pictures are not reviewed on a computer before being posted... these are probably your best indication of what you can do with a 650)... http://robertk650.textamerica.com
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.
    I have a pretty large collection of Treo 650 shots on my moblog now if you want to see a Treo 650 in every day action (these pictures are not reviewed on a computer before being posted... these are probably your best indication of what you can do with a 650)... http://robertk650.textamerica.com

    Mine are at my site....(see my sig)... under "Treo Photos". Some are good and some are not.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!

Posting Permissions