Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    VersaMail Sux...

I did the firmware update to 1.08 and this piece of crap client works worse then before. Delete an email and it comes right friggin back after another Get. How hard can it be to put a decent email client together when you have the resources PalmOne has? I am going back to SnapperMail. I am sick of this crap.
    MRL-MO
    use snapper, I used to be a big advocate of versamail never had any problems with it, but i hated having to go into every account to get/send mail. So i switched to SnapperMail and I am a happy camper.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Hey mlemke, please watch your language. You can make your opinions known without the vulgarities!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Hey mlemke, please watch your language. You can make your opinions known without the vulgarities!
    If I meant vulgarities I'd have made it obvious. If you have no solutions why waste the bandwidth?
    MRL-MO
    Yes Versacrap is caca, I love my Snapper!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  6.    #6  
    Rhino,

Did you leave VersaMail installed or use ShadowMite's firmware to get rid of it?
    MRL-MO
    Quote Originally Posted by mlemke
    If you have no solutions why waste the bandwidth?
    You gave me no choice with your choice of language. Keep it clean, or you'll be posting elsewhere. Got it?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  8.    #8  
    What part of my language was a problem for you? I am sick and tired of the crap that PalmOne is giving me for $600. I want a quality product for the money I spent and the fact that VersaMail sucks has led me here to ask for some direction / help.
    MRL-MO
    mlemke,

Welcome to TC, where there is freedom of speech (just watch what you say).

You should tow the line, pay your $600 and shut up and not complain about a piddly thing like email.

It you get upset and express it, STME vill put ze boot to you.
    MarkEagle -

Gotta say, y'all do the work to make this a good forum so y'all can make the rules about language. I have no beef with that.

OTOH, taking people to task for language while the "ask smart questions" link in your sig uses the F-word twice leaves me cold. I appreciate ethical positions as long as they're consistent.

JeepDiver
    Quote Originally Posted by mlemke
    What part of my language was a problem for you?
    I know it's no surprise to some but I am wondering this same thing. Nothing in his post is language that is unacceptable in public, on the radio or at my grandma's house. Is it now illegal to use the word crap on TC?

I personally think that is getting a little extreme. Perhaps a list of acceptable terms for things we dont like is in order. No sarcasm at all, I am being serious.

crap (krp) Vulgar Slang
    n.

1. Excrement.
    2. An act of defecating.
    3. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
    4. Cheap or shoddy material.
    5. Miscellaneous or disorganized items; clutter.
    6. Insolent talk or behavior.

Now even though the word vulgar is in the description, everyone here knows the original poster was using #4 as his definition. At least that's what I read. Context is relevant

just my two cents
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Jeepdriver,

There you got, bringing the truth and logic into this...

Now STME will really have to silence you, because the trvth can be vulgar...
    The reprimand did not seem to be warranted.
    Woof,

Watch out....STME may conduct definition #2 on your dissent.
    Seems to me, that possibly, some of these complaints about ANY of the email clients, might be cause the user doesn't have the settings set properly on imap or pop email. You can adjust setting prefs to delete from server, save on server, delete from phone immediately, or save on phone, etc etc. I have never had any problems with any of the clients regarding mail coming back, as long as the prefs are set properly! Versamail worked fine for me, but I prefer Snappermail.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Woof,

Watch out....STME may conduct definition #2 on your dissent.
    LOL
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill
    Seems to me, that possibly, some of these complaints about ANY of the email clients, might be cause the user doesn't have the settings set properly on imap or pop email. You can adjust setting prefs to delete from server, save on server, delete from phone immediately, or save on phone, etc etc. I have never had any problems with any of the clients regarding mail coming back, as long as the prefs are set properly! Versamail worked fine for me, but I prefer Snappermail.
    I disagree.
    Versamail is a piece of Crap!
    That is my experience and seems to be the general consensus of the forum.

Glad it works for you.
    Mark...I'm usually with you. As always thank for the volunteer work here!!!

but....

crap, sux and friggin???

Long day?
    dutch,

"sux, crap and friggin"?

I am soooo offended...as Cartman says, "it's warped my fragile little mind".

What kind of corksucking icehole would post such words?

(you know, my mother hung me on a hook once...ONCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    dutch,

"sux, crap and friggin"?

I am soooo offended...as Cartman says, "it's warped my fragile little mind".

What kind of corksucking icehole would post such words?

(you know, my mother hung me on a hook once...ONCE)
    mother...hook ??????
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast