Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Get you some snapper. No problems with it. Works great! Very enjoyable.
    There are many threads on versamail vs snapper. I was frustrated also by versamail, but it was because my habits were Snappermail-erized. Once I learned how to properly use VM, all the "returning" email messages went away. SM and VM just work differently. Don't assume they operate the same way. End result is the same, but use different paths to get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatter
    Get you some snapper. No problems with it. Works great! Very enjoyable.
    SNAPPER?

I am offendend!
    I will have you know i get some snapper at least three times a week!!

Oh...
    But maybe you were referring to the email app...
    dutch,

joe piscapo, from the movie "Johnny Dangerously"
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    dutch,

joe piscapo, from the movie "Johnny Dangerously"
    Gotcha, for a second I thought your Mom's profession was....
    Assuming that "cxxx" was the offending word, it appears on 20 pages of threads. Just do a search.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Assuming that "cxxx" was the offending word, it appears on 20 pages of threads. Just do a search.
    cxxx? oh dude youre looking to get banned for using that here.

Seriously though I say it here all the time and have never been called on it by the staff.
    I may start using poo poo instead. At least until it ends up on the banned word list.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    cacka
    I've always be partial to colon blow...
    Maybe P1 should have done like they did with the T300 and T600 by not offering any e-mail application and leaving everyone to find their own. Then nobody would have to complain about them offering VersaMail .

Snapper is where its at .
    Crap is not a cuss word. IMO the language in this thread is all good.

But versamail is a terrible app.
    I have to support the moderators on the word restriction. If the choice is to restrict vulgarity then words that are substitutes are in affect vulgarity.
    An Alternate word used to convey a restricted word by causing the reader to think the restricted word is in fact a use of the restricted word. Personally I think if you must use vulgarity to express an opinion then just use it and pay the consequences in social ramification. In an effort to maintain a polite and non offensive site the moderators have chosen to restrict language to no vulgar expletives. I use some of the restricted words in my communications but I can by choice express my ideas just fine with out them. After all a persons choice of words says a lot about the person.
    Final note on the subject, this is not a matter of free speech. Although this is a public forum it is owned and maintained by people. To me it is like a playground on the grounds of a business. The public could have access to the playground, but they don’t own it. The owner has every right to set the rules of use.
    I tip my hat to the moderator that stands by his convictions, even if I don’t agree with them, (although I do in this case).
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Maybe P1 should have done like they did with the T300 and T600 by not offering any e-mail application and leaving everyone to find their own. Then nobody would have to complain about them offering VersaMail .

Snapper is where its at .
    Great idea, except they could have put VersaMail on the CD and let those who want it use it. Those who don't want it or those that find something better could save the ROM space.

Isn't this kind of what Microsoft got in trouble for? And Microsoft should not be aloud to keep on calling itself by this false name. We all know that it is really MegaHard, so who does Bill think he's fooling? Oh, right, us...
    Microsoft got in trouble for it because they held 90% of their market.

Which is why Apple gets in no trouble for bundling anything with their OS. And Apple even controls the hardware!
    Last edited by darnell; 03/27/2005 at 11:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    I have to support the moderators on the word restriction. If the choice is to restrict vulgarity then words that are substitutes are in affect vulgarity.
    An Alternate word used to convey a restricted word by causing the reader to think the restricted word is in fact a use of the restricted word. Personally I think if you must use vulgarity to express an opinion then just use it and pay the consequences in social ramification. In an effort to maintain a polite and non offensive site the moderators have chosen to restrict language to no vulgar expletives. I use some of the restricted words in my communications but I can by choice express my ideas just fine with out them. After all a persons choice of words says a lot about the person.
    Final note on the subject, this is not a matter of free speech. Although this is a public forum it is owned and maintained by people. To me it is like a playground on the grounds of a business. The public could have access to the playground, but they don’t own it. The owner has every right to set the rules of use.
    I tip my hat to the moderator that stands by his convictions, even if I don’t agree with them, (although I do in this case).
    suck up
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Yes. But didn't I do it well?
    Take a look around. How many people do you see that are getting ahead? They all have learned to get along with the people that have control. Some people that are not getting ahead call it sucking up. This can only be an attempt to stop others from using a skill that they don't have.
    Next time you should try to suck up first instead of lamenting that someone else beat you to it.
    Okay...

Wound a little tight...
    daffydd...

Woof was joking...that's what the smiley means. Lighten up
    My versamail has the same problem since day one. If i delete my inbox and the empty the trash, I get all my emails back on the next Get. However, this only happens once I empty trash; ie, if I just delete the emails without emptying trash and then do a Get, the emails don't come back.

very frustrating.

For those pitching snapper, I hear ya, but I really don't like paying for stuff I already (sort of) have.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast