1.    #1  
    Marc-

Since 1.08 ROM upgrade, which FWIW has been a Godsend for me, Chatter has been losing mailboxes. Actually, it loses the same mailbox. It has happened 2 or 3 times, so this last time, instead of restoring it from backup I created it fresh. I will let you know if there are any more probs with it...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    There was a problem with legacy IM and losing mailboxes; I don't know if you have ChatterIM loaded.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    There was a problem with legacy IM and losing mailboxes; I don't know if you have ChatterIM loaded.

Marc
    marc, I don't believe this is related. I think with chatterim the mailboxes would just be hidden, is that correct? in this case the actual mailboxnamechatterDB.pdb file actually disappears. this has happened to me a bunch of times already. tried restoring as well as rebuilding from scratch and it keeps happening.
    -- berto
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, Marc....same thing as bertopl. No IM here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    actually, I AM using the IM, but I've seen the problem marc is talking about too. the mailbox sometimes hid themselves in the earliest IM beta but the files were still there. in this case, the file also disappears, so it's not just hidden. can't find a pattern yet but seems to happen right after a reset for me. has anyone had it happen while the treo was up and running?
    -- berto
    The IM-related problem is fixed in the latest beta. I've never seen the other problem myself.

Marc
    marc, I'm not convinced this is chatter causing the problem just yet. please see my thread regarding all sorts of strange things happening after the 1.08 update:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=79449

have you done the 1.08 update yet marc?
    -- berto
    Lost all my mailboxes this morning.

If this happens, which file(s) needs to be restored which will bring it all back (ie allow buildup)? I restored all from Backupman, but it would be cool if I only need one which stored the info (no idea - just asking).

For those interested, this problem occured after Backupman and Backupbuddy were delayed ~1.5hrs to backup, and Vision would not connect in the morning. When I reset my phone (hung up when Snapper tried to do an auto-retrieve), mailboxes were gone.
    all of chatter's mailboxes are named MailboxnameChatterDB.PDB. I am keeping a copy of all my mailboxes on my SD card for now. so if you have a mailbox called Filed, the file you need to restore would be FiledChatterDB.PDB.
    -- berto
    I knew that - that's what I did to restore; I was hoping the "structure" was created in a single file which if you restored that single file, then they could be "recreated" (downloaded)...

Edit: keeping a copy on SD would be handy too. Maybe I'll just create a "Chatter" backup with Backupman so i can grab the mailboxes from that backup...
    Last edited by airjoe; 03/28/2005 at 08:46 AM.
    Guys,

Do not restore your databases from your backup. What you need to do is forward to yourself all the email you want to keep them delete everything and start fresh. What happens is that the databases got corrupted with the Update and there is no way to fix them. You have to delete everything. I had the same problem with snappermail and I had no choice. Believe I tried to save them, but even when everything looked fine, something will happen later on and you will get resets or corrupted data.

Al
    Lost mailboxes again this morning, but the files were still on the Treo. I deleted everything, and will rebuild and report back.
  13.    #13  
    Last time I lost a mailbox (actually an entire account) was 2 days ago, and I rebuilt from scratch, and now all seems okay...
    Thanks for the updates on this; rebuilding may mailboxes makes sense (especially if there's a chance of corruption),