1.    #1  
    Anyone know of one?
    TuSSH do a search on Handango or Palmgear...

-CK
    somehow TuSSH 0.8 crashes on my Treo650 (GSM). I use pssh, it doesn't crash at least. BTW, pssh is also a freeware.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I use (and love) pssh (http://www.sealiesoftware.com/pssh/).
    Yup, pssh works great for me....
    I am running version .77 with out a problem.

-CK
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    pssh rocks on my 600, should be even better on the 650.
    I use Mocha Telnet. Supports ssh-2, has a reasonably honest VT220 emulation with 80 column support, user definable function keys and a macro capability. A little pricey at $25, but its been well worth it to me.
    I like PSSH, but would prefer the stronger encryption of Mocha Telnet. The problem with that is for the full screen you have to scroll (width). Is there a way to change the font to get more on your screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    I like PSSH, but would prefer the stronger encryption of Mocha Telnet. The problem with that is for the full screen you have to scroll (width). Is there a way to change the font to get more on your screen?
    Alas, no. I have to say that I have gotten pretty used to the sideways scrolling. Just thumb the touchscreen back and forth.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    Stronger encryption?

Mocha only claims to support 3DES, PSSH supports both 3DES and AES, which is an improved algorithm.

Despite the PSSH author's disclaimer about being untested and possibly insecure, I would trust PSSH more than Mocha Telnet - Simply put, I don't trust any closed-source security application because security through obscurity simply does not work. If PSSH had any incredibly severe flaws, someone would likely notice it while looking at the source. In the case of Mocha, if it has any gaping implementation flaws you have no way whatsoever of knowing.
    PSSH is what I am using at the moment. TuSSH 0.8 crashed my T650 alot so I am sticking with PSSH for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    Stronger encryption?

Mocha only claims to support 3DES, PSSH supports both 3DES and AES, which is an improved algorithm.

Despite the PSSH author's disclaimer about being untested and possibly insecure, I would trust PSSH more than Mocha Telnet - Simply put, I don't trust any closed-source security application because security through obscurity simply does not work. If PSSH had any incredibly severe flaws, someone would likely notice it while looking at the source. In the case of Mocha, if it has any gaping implementation flaws you have no way whatsoever of knowing.
    +1, exactly what he said.
    I guess I was refering to the poor random number generator in use on PSSH not the encryption algorhithm. AES is mush more seucure though my server does not use it (yet) so it is a moot point.
    i tried tussh and then pssh and have been sticking with pssh. I'm curious about the poor rng that pssh uses vs. mocha. I had just assumed that my 650 simply was simply not generating enough randomness so all the ssh clients would suffer from the same problem - does mocha use a more sophisticated pseudo-random generator than pssh?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    We have no way of knowing.

But at least pssh warns you that the Treo's RNG isn't quite up to par.

IMO it's a theoretical vulnerability, it would still probably take weeks or months to crack just one SSH session, as opposed to millenia. Still highly impractical.