Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know what happen to this site? It was one of the best-I accessed it several times a day.

When I try to access it, I get lots of other info but not the weather.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Same here--I think that they stopped paying for their web hosting. FWIW, you might go to:

www.treo.tc

and look for some other weather links.
  3.    #3  
    Tks jposin
    I use AccuWeather but still think Cool Weather was better.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    me too
  5.    #5  
    Y! Weather only gives you one day at a time. You can select any day you want. Still now as graphic, colorful and simple as Cool Weather.

The one good thing I was able to do with AccuWeather was to get to the radar screen for my area, then save that as a bookmark. It loads relatively faster than other radar sites.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Also, try.... http://mobile.wunderground.com
    Very nice easy to use website, and has a nice radar screen too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodad
    Also, try.... http://mobile.wunderground.com
    Very nice easy to use website, and has a nice radar screen too!
    very nice, thanks
    1 | 2
    Does anyone know who created Cool Weather? Maybe someone can contact the developer and see if they can have their site hosted elsewhere. I liked the clean, simple interface.
    hi everyone-

i'm the developer and host for the cool weather website

really sorry about the mess with cool weather being down for some time.... my hosting got all messed up and i was unaware of the problem for a while.

it should be back up and running now so let me know if you still are having problems with it.

also i am going to be making some updates to cool weather program. any suggestions? new features you might want?

i am probably going to update the icons and also add the ability to choose celsius to fahrenheit. any other ideas?
    woo hoo! you're back! I love this site. My favorite feature: the bacjground is in black! do NOT change this. As far as what to add, how about being able to select todays hourly forecast (sometimes I want to see when it will stop raining on that day) & just more details. Another site which will remain nameless has that. "Today, partly cloudy for the morning, clouds tapering off 5pm, etc". Maybe that's a good example but I just founf myself going to the "other" site when we were hit with that big rainstorm here in SoCal. Anyway just my 2 cents. I love this site! Thank you for bringing it back.
    Does anyody have a link for cool weather? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    Does anyody have a link for cool weather? Thanks!
    This is posted under the authors signature http://www.hiddentreasurehosting.com/weather/

**Celsius option is always handy for Canadians like me
  13.    #13  
    Great News
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Glad you're back. I look at this site everyday.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    i will see what i can do about the extra details as far as the daily forecast goes. i get all the data via weather.com's xml feed so i'll have to see if they have additional information i can get for each day. i am defintely going to add the celsius option so users outside the US will appreciate it.

also i am going to be releasing Cool Weather for your Desktop, basically the nice clean layout like cool weather for the treo except its formatted better for normal desktop computers and laptops. it will have a lot of links to more detailed information if you want it but the layout will still be nice and clean.

i'll be sure to make a post when i finish the updates for both, it will probably be sometime early may though because i have a bunch of other programming projects to work on for school first.

and just to let everyone know the cool weather site might be down for a day or two in the near future because i am switching hosting and the nameservers take about 48 hours to resolve. so if it's down for a little bit, don't sweat it, it will be back up soon.
  16.    #16  
    wahooka,

I too would like the option of viewing radar for my local area using Cool Weather for the Treo.

Really looking forward to anything you develop for desktop/laptop. The Weather Channel desktop sucks up too much memory and cause PC to become sluggish-although I like having the temp on my desktop always displaying

I know whatever you come up with will be great.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  17.    #17  
    Well Cool Weather appears to have dissapeared.

And wahooka hasn't posted since Sep 07.

Any ideas what's up?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Well Cool Weather appears to have dissapeared.

And wahooka hasn't posted since Sep 07.

Any ideas what's up?
    Notice: This domain name expired on 03/24/08 and is pending renewal or deletion

He hasn't paid for the domain..
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Notice: This domain name expired on 03/24/08 and is pending renewal or deletion

He hasn't paid for the domain..
    Too bad. I thought it was a good site.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Hi

Well deal detectives still exists. I sent a private message wahooka asking the status of cool weather. I will let you know what I hear back.

George
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast