1.    #1  
    Hi all,

just picked up my new Treo650 on Friday - so far so good. Got it connected to email. Couple of questions regarding already installed applications.
    I am using versamail instead of XpressMail.
    I checked the application info and found that I have 2 XpressMail listings in there one is 93K, the other one is 1021K). Can anyone tell me why.

And, since I don't use Xpressmail, can I delete them and get them back should I decide later down the road to use it after all?

An another question just comes to mind: I have the Treo on. But if someone calls me on it it sometimes goes to the splash screen and says something like "connecting"? In the meantime the calls go into my voicemail. Is there a setting I can change this?

I am sure I am going to be posting a lot since I am totally new to this - I actually upgraded from PalmV.....
    Thanks
    Claudia
    You can delete them and always get them back from Cingular if you decide to switch as the client is downloadable.

Quote Originally Posted by claudiak
    Hi all,

just picked up my new Treo650 on Friday - so far so good. Got it connected to email. Couple of questions regarding already installed applications.
    I checked the application info and found that I have 2 XpressMail listings in there one is 93K, the other one is 1021K). Can anyone tell me why.

And, since I don't use Xpressmail, can I delete them and get them back should I decide later down the road to use it after all?

An another question just comes to mind: I have the Treo on. But if someone calls me on it it sometimes goes to the splash screen and says something like "connecting"? In the meantime the calls go into my voicemail. Is there a setting I can change this?

I am sure I am going to be posting a lot since I am totally new to this - I actually upgraded from PalmV.....
    Thanks
    Claudia
    Last edited by MobileGhost; 03/28/2005 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by claudiak
    Hi all,

Thanks
    Claudia
    The 93K version is in ROM and cannot be deleted. This is just a "stub" all it does is prompt you to download the real application. The 1021k version is the full application. I found it to be annoyting. You should be able to get rid of the 1021k version w/o adverse effect.
    Newton 120 -> Newton 2000 -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Prism -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 (Cingular | Unlocked)
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    My bad... you are right. I forgot Cingular does the same thing as Sprint in terms of embedding the stub into the ROM. Of course this their way to make sure you don't forget about their service but it also is handy should you be in the situation where you need to hard reset and are not near your computer to hotsync. You can then get the email downloaded and running instantly. Not a common case but I've been there at least a few times in the Treo 600 days.

Quote Originally Posted by cplater
    The 93K version is in ROM and cannot be deleted. This is just a "stub" all it does is prompt you to download the real application. The 1021k version is the full application. I found it to be annoyting. You should be able to get rid of the 1021k version w/o adverse effect.