1.    #1  
    I have had my Treo 650 Sprint since November and have had three infinite reset episodes, most recently with my 1.08 update.

As I reinstall app by app, can you advise which candidates are most unstable for Treo 650? My culprits have been Docs to Go, Repligo, and Shadow.

the most likely "apps" to cause problems:

-NVFS
    -Palm OS itself

you run an 8 year old OS on a new device, and it is begging for trouble.
    mine have been...

blazer(web)
    phones
    versamail
    messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    the most likely "apps" to cause problems:

-NVFS
    -Palm OS itself

you run an 8 year old OS on a new device, and it is begging for trouble.
    So you're saying just having the 650 on will cause resets? I hope that's not the case! But do these resets happen when the phone is on or off? Nothing seems to have happened here. The phone has been off and I haven't used it much, though. I been on this forum more than the phone, trying to get informed.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    that is exactly what I am saying.

obviously, the more you use the treo, the more likely it will reset.

I have seen phone off, idle 650's spontaneously reset.

but again, you will see more of them with increased usage.
    Check out the following link.
    YMMV
    http://www.palmfocus.com/treo650software.asp
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    My opinion: Applications that hook into the OS/User interface when the Treo starts up.

Quite often, a warm reset (sort of like Safe mode on Windows) will work fine, allowing you to remove applications.

"A system reset tells your device to stop what it's doing and start over again, bypassing any system extensions. This can help you with "boot loop" errors, allowing you to remove any recently installed third-party applications that might be causing the problem.

1. Press and hold the UP button on the front panel of your device.
    2. While holding the UP button, use an unfolded paper clip, or the reset tool at the tip of your stylus, to gently press the RESET button inside the hole on the back of your device (where's the reset hole?). "

etc etc from

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=51,E=0000000000025524486,K=281,Sxi=17,Case=obj(887)

On my Treo 650, I can identify the following that do something like this ...

Butler
    Crash
    Keycaps650
    McPhling
    Radio Control
    TreoAlarm

So far, they seem to be behaving :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Check out the following link.
    YMMV
    http://www.palmfocus.com/treo650software.asp
    Any idea what the "qualifiers" are to get software program on that list....seems teh author has aa "desired" list and anything not on that list won't get reported. Some stuff I have been interested in isn't there and stuff I reported on isn't there either.
  9.    #9  
    I have not used any of these apps, except McPhling, which has not caused resets for me.