1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 (Sprint) resets when I receive or send a text message. It seems to only work if the message it to a phone number that is not in my contacts. To see the system message, go to the phone pad, type in ##377 then press dial. This will display information about the error that cause to phone to reset.

A reset was caused on 3/26/2005 at 11:48pm while running "TreoSMS Stub":

../src/MessageStore.c,Line 1285, MessageStoreOpenItem: item open already"

Has anyone seen this problem? Is there a fix?
    Last edited by aalston; 03/27/2005 at 01:52 PM.
    I've seen this on my Treo 650 (Sprint). I have NOT seen the last part you posted about the "../src/MessageStore.c,Line 1285, MessageStoreOpenItem: item open already".

I'm unable to confirm if it's happening when someone sends me an SMS or not. It doesn't happen when I send SMS. Seems completely random. Only seems to occur once a day, but never at the same time.

What 3rd-party apps are you running? Perhaps it's a conflict with an app that uses SMS.

My apps that have some connection with SMS are:

- Chatter (This might be it, because the problem never seemed to happen before Marc added triggered pull capability via SMS).
    - TreoHelper--I don't have any triggers enabled.
    - Agendus--I got rid of the AgendusMail component (which has an SMS client) a long time ago.
    - VeriChat--(I've deleted this, since I haven't been using it... I'll see if I have any more resets over the next few days).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    What version of Agendus are you running?

I discovered that there is a problem with Agendus 9.02 and earlier regarding SMS.

See: http://www.iambic.com/agenduspro/palmos/whatsnew.asp

I'm running 9.0. I'm preparing to install 9.03 now to see if the problem goes away.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
  4.    #4  
    Sorry, I not running Agendus.

This is a Treo 650 with no Third-Party software. I has just the factory installed application that are there when you take it out of the box.

The next time your Treo resets. Dial ##377 to see what the cause of the reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by aalston
    Sorry, I not running Agendus.

This is a Treo 650 with no Third-Party software. I has just the factory installed application that are there when you take it out of the box.

The next time your Treo resets. Dial ##377 to see what the cause of the reset.
    Well, I installed the updated version of Agendus (9.03) and my resets have stopped. Since you don't have Agendus, I don't know what could be wrong on your Treo. But Agendus was the problem on mine. Once I upgraded to the latest version, I haven't had any resets. Sorry I couldn't help.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

My 650 resets during SMS, when either a call or another SMS trys to come thrue...at the same time.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter