1.    #1  
    I am considering buying a second-hand Treo 270 but the seller no longer has the install CD for it.

With my Palm III, since I wasn't syncing with Outlook I didn't really use anything from the CD as I downloaded the latest Palm Desktop from the web.

Is there anything important on the CD for the 270 which I won't be able to get elsewhere?

Thanks
    The CD contents are the Palm Desktop, HotSync 3.1.2, One-Touch mail, and the User Guide. So the answer to your question is no.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    The CD contents are the Palm Desktop, HotSync 3.1.2, One-Touch mail, and the User Guide. So the answer to your question is no.
    One followup question on that - the PalmOne Palm Desktop download for the Treo 270 is 4.0.1. Is there anything special about that version particularly which supports the Treo, that other/later versions don't have?

I think I may already have a later Palm Desktop (4.1 perhaps?) installed for my no-longer-used Palm III and would be reluctant to downgrade until I have migrated all my data.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have used 4.1 with the treo 270 without problems.
    I don't know, but I'd stay with 4.1 if I had that. I use 4.0.1 and didn't even know there was a 4.1.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.