1.    #1  
    I have now tried to repair my BT headset a dozen times and get seem to get my Motorola 820 to work @ all. Am I missing something here? Maybe i'm just over looking something ?

tks
    braz
    have you tried just resetting the motorola?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    have you tried just resetting the motorola?
    This might sound stupid but I'm not sure. LOL I cant find the manual i'm sooooo frustrated with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by braz
    This might sound stupid but I'm not sure. LOL I cant find the manual i'm sooooo frustrated with this.
    I have the 820. After doing the upgrade, I had to re-pair the two.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have an 850 and had no problems. But don't forget to enter the passkey which is in the manual.
    Same problem after the update. I have the 820, I can pair it successfully, but then it won't recognize it afterwards. very frustrating.
  7.    #7  
    I have reparied 12-15 times no luck. Im running a custom rom with the DUN patch im thinking about redoing it and NOT using a custom rom. Although lastnight after doing the custom rom upgrade it was working well sort of. The calls were not going straight to the headset I had the push the button on the headset to get it to connect.
    I have reparied 12-15 times no luck. Im running a custom rom with the DUN patch im thinking about redoing it and NOT using a custom rom. Although lastnight after doing the custom rom upgrade it was working well sort of. The calls were not going straight to the headset I had the push the button on the headset to get it to connect.
    You'll have to manually connect with phone calls. It won't switch automatically.

Some things I've noticed that work for me, (after the pair has been established). Turn BT on the Treo first. Then turn the Moto on. If you're having problems once it's been paired. You might try turning of both the Moto and disabling BT on the Treo. Then turn BT back on, wait, then turn the Moto on.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You'll have to manually connect with phone calls. It won't switch automatically.

Some things I've noticed that work for me, (after the pair has been established). Turn BT on the Treo first. Then turn the Moto on. If you're having problems once it's been paired. You might try turning of both the Moto and disabling BT on the Treo. Then turn BT back on, wait, then turn the Moto on.
    I have never had to connect to calls manually is this something new in 1.08?

braz
    I have never had to connect to calls manually is this something new in 1.08?

braz
    Actually, I don't really know why that is. In the PalmOne list of BT handsfree, the 820 is not. It is merely a wireless (and not true handsfree) device. That being said, at one time it did connect automatically for me too. But I lost that ability some time ago. Dunno if it was due to the P1 carkit upgrade, shadowmites original BT hack or what, but it's never came back.

I just want to add though, that the 1.08 upgrades volume improvement is worth it, even if I do have to push the button for calls now.

12.    #12  
    OK heres the deal now, I just reloaded the orignal 1.03 ROM then upgraded to 1.08 did a restore and now the BT Motorola 820 works. Although still not like it did before I do have to hit the center button on the headset to connect to a call, not the end of the world. I do agree that if the volume is an improvment then this is fine. I still seem to have static thou even if the phone is only 2 feet from me and the headset.

Now the kicker im going to install the DUN's patch. I need to have this feature.

braz
    OK heres the deal now, I just reloaded the orignal 1.03 ROM then upgraded to 1.08 did a restore and now the BT Motorola 820 works. Although still not like it did before I do have to hit the center button on the headset to connect to a call, not the end of the world. I do agree that if the volume is an improvment then this is fine. I still seem to have static thou even if the phone is only 2 feet from me and the headset.

Now the kicker im going to install the DUN's patch. I need to have this feature.

braz
    I get the static too. Range wasn't increased. If I have the moto on my right ear, and put the Treo in my left front pocket...not good!

DUN should work. I've got it loaded, and paired with my iBook. It seems to work, but all i've done is pair and see if it'll get me online. Haven't had to really use DUN yet.

14.    #14  
    I get the static too. Range wasn't increased. If I have the moto on my right ear, and put the Treo in my left front pocket...not good!

DUN should work. I've got it loaded, and paired with my iBook. It seems to work, but all i've done is pair and see if it'll get me online. Haven't had to really use DUN yet.

Because of the volume issues and BT on the treo I ordered a new BT headset sony 660 (before the 1.08 came out). The new headset should be here tomorrow. I never really like the way the Moto 820 felt on my ear. I'm hoping this one is louder and has somewhat better range.

Well DUN is installed and my BT Moto 820 is working fine (for now, keeping my fingers crossed). I think maybe the problem was with the custom ROM I was using who knows. I guess since space isnt that much of a issue now i'm not going to bother with a custom ROM. I'm just going to run this stock stuff for a few days and see how the updates preform.

braz
  15.    #15  

I just wanted to let you know that my Sony 660 came and all I can say is WOW. Well worth the extra money over the Motorola 820. I even like the way it fits better. I know there are some mode to add ear jels but this is bad at all. volume is way louder and the ranger is better also. I dont get static unless i walk over 20Ft.

Just thought I'd let you know.

braz