Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  2. #2  
    I don't get it. Why stream audio and video from the PC to play on a tiny PDA screen when you could do that on the PC itself (with glorious 5.1 sound)?

    Unless one has thousands of PDA applications, why the need to store them on the PC? A high capacity SD card is much more portable and can hold lots of apps.

    Looks like a solution in need of a problem...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3. #3  
    Holy Moly! From a cursory glance, sounds good! If it's compatable with PocketTunes, even better. Until Palm gives us a flash memory drive of 1+GB on our Treos/Palms, OnVerge looks like a really groovy solution.

    Gives a whole new meaning to lose the laptop. For now, though, I sit on the fence (because I have a non- Bluetooth Treo 600 and non bluetooth laptop), as I'm mainly trying to converge all my data (Microsoft word files, etc.) to my Treo with Secure Digital Cards.

    Down the line, I'm thinking this program could handle stuff like compressed video files like Pocket DVD, TiVo to Go and MobiTV files (does MobiTV have files or is it all streaming?)

    Regarding surround, Mp3s are working on that as well:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/printer/p...89776202860.xml
    http://www.pcmag.com/print_article2...a=141902,00.asp

    For now I listen to my CD collection. I'm not transferring any music files until I see an application that gets my attention (compatibility with all formats: 5.1 surround, iTunes, Windows, Macs, Palm OS and Pocket PC, etc.)
    ###
  4. #4  
    Groovy solution to what?

    The huge storeage is available only while the Treo is connected to the PC (USB cable or BT). In that case, you might as well listen to the music or watch the video on the PC ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I don't get it. Why stream audio and video from the PC to play on a tiny PDA screen when you could do that on the PC itself (with glorious 5.1 sound)?
    so you are not tied to the pc. sometimes you don't need 5.1 sound but rather the ability to listen to music or watch videos in another room. obviously this product is not for everyone.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by linc
    so you are not tied to the pc. sometimes you don't need 5.1 sound but rather the ability to listen to music or watch videos in another room. obviously this product is not for everyone.
    I don't see how BT or USB cable length limits are going to allow for that.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I don't see how BT or USB cable length limits are going to allow for that.
    sure it does.

    Class 1 100mW 20dBm 100m
    Class 2 2.5mW 4dBm 10m
    Class 3 1mW 0dBm 10cm
    AT&T 8925 + 8GB MicroSDHC + Jabra BT8040

    Copper TREO 680 + 16GB SDHC + Holux M1000B + Palm BT Keyboard + Motorola S9

Posting Permissions