1.    #1  
    Every since I got the Unlocked Treo 650, I have not been able to send a contact to a Bluetooth device. Whenever I attempt to do so, it reset when I select "Send" from the menu within a contact. I had my Treo replaced which fixed most of the other issues (Phone turning itself off, multiple resets, etc - except keeping mail on server in VersaMail). This issue remains. I have not done a hard reset to see if it persists yet.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Yes, I've got a similar problem. It occurs when I try to send anything (contacts, mp3's, documents, etc).

I didn't try the send function before installing all the apps from my T|T, so there may be some conflict there. I'll try a hard reset shortly, and reinstall the apps one at a time to see if I can find the cuplrit...

Any other advice greatly appreciated!
    Gav
    -------
    Palm V -> Vx -> Tungsten|T -> Treo650
    I have been experiencing this problem as well recently. Fortunately, I have several different old backups still on my sd card, and I was able to find one backup set where the "send" command would still work. Will take a look at what the difference is between this set and the ones that don't work, see if I can isolate the problem.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I've had this problem for a while now:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=80998
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I recently got my treo, and I realized the first thing in diagnosing a problem is to to delete "saved prefences" this will let you know if it is a problem carried over from your old palm or handspring device or another issue, make sure you hotsync before you do this. And once you diagnose that its the problem hard reset and hotsync again. Then start diagnosing the problem. I know this is not a cure, but this will at least lead you in the right direction.

Just my opinion
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Not to bog down the thread with the same old thing, but I have the same problem and it is totally making me angry. Mine didn't start until a few weeks ago, but by the time I tried it, I couldn't remember everything I had installed. I'll be glad if someone finds the answer to this one.

CGE
    actually you need to delete unsaved pref not only from the handheld but also from the backup folder on the computer.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    actually you need to delete unsaved pref not only from the handheld but also from the backup folder on the computer.
    Deleting the Unsaved Prefs did the trick!

However, a note of caution:

I may be the only poor soul this applies to, but just in case I want to share this. I have my 'backup' conduit set to 'do nothing' b/c it takes such a long time to backup all of my files on every hotsync.

NOTE TO SELF
    As I write this, I'm thinking to myself that I should use FileZ and set ONLY the files I need backed up. This would speed up the sync time.

Anyway, having my backup conduit set this way, you can only imagine what happened when I deleted the unsaved prefs and resynced. Yep, you guessed it, my Treo was loaded down with old crap (a few weeks at least).

Had I set my backup conduit to "handheld overwrites desktop", synced, and THEN deleted the unsaved prefs, I wouldn't be in this pickle. All-in-all, it's not a major tragedy, but a setback nonetheless.

After cleaning up my baby, I found that I can once again go into the Picture application, push the menu button, and send a file. Thanks for the post. I have learned alot!

whew!!
    -------
    Chance Evans
    Treo 650 (Sprint) - General Tech Junkie
    ...can't learn enough about this stuff!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Great! Send works now! Err, what exactly is the file "unsaved preferences" for? I noticed the password of the Treo was reset, anything else I should look out for?
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evansc22

However, a note of caution:

I may be the only poor soul this applies to, but just in case I want to share this. I have my 'backup' conduit set to 'do nothing' b/c it takes such a long time to backup all of my files on every hotsync.

NOTE TO SELF
    As I write this, I'm thinking to myself that I should use FileZ and set ONLY the files I need backed up. This would speed up the sync time.

Anyway, having my backup conduit set this way, you can only imagine what happened when I deleted the unsaved prefs and resynced. Yep, you guessed it, my Treo was loaded down with old crap (a few weeks at least).

Had I set my backup conduit to "handheld overwrites desktop", synced, and THEN deleted the unsaved prefs, I wouldn't be in this pickle. All-in-all, it's not a major tragedy, but a setback nonetheless.

After cleaning up my baby, I found that I can once again go into the Picture application, push the menu button, and send a file. Thanks for the post. I have learned alot!

whew!!
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by evansc22

I haven't used the backup conduit since I first got a Treo 600 for exactly the same reason. Instead, I use BackupMan and schedule a daily backup at 4:00 am.

If I need to do a hard reset, the restore from BackupMan is easier, and can be done anywhere/anytime (no computer Hotsync necessary). You can also restore selected files to recover from any database corruption. I keep 15 days of backups, in case a corrupted file goes unnoticed, and gets backed up, I can go to an earlier backup to restore a clean file.
    VisorDeluxe -> VisorPhone -> Treo180g -> Treo270 -> Treo600 -> Treo650 [GSM T-Mo]