Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I'm thinking about purchasing the Palm Hybrid headset so I can use my 650 to listen to MP3s. I was originally going to get the 2.5mm adapter and use my own headphones, but came across this accessory and became interested in the headset feature as well.

My question is this: How do they sound? And can anyone compare them to the Apple iPod earphones?

Amazon has them for about $20. Is it the way to go? Or should I stick with my own earphones and the external adapter?

TIA.
    They're quite good. Overall, good balanced sound. As with any headphones or speakers, they sound a lot better after they're broken in. I'm very happy with mine.

Tom
    Hi,
    I like 'em, but do a search here for the issues with the jack on them and the 650. Nothing a few minutes with an xacto cannot fix.
    I like 2 in 1 retractable headset from Seidio. It comes with in-line volume control. It is also retractable. No more messing around with the tangled wires. Sound quality is also very good.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...RSOVTR650%2DSL
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hey thanks guys. I'm also looking at the Seidio option, but not sure how I feel about that extra module piece. I read about the jack issue and was a little concerned about that, but if an X-acto will take care of it then that works for me. Thanks again.
    I use a set of Koss "The Plug" earphones. I cut off the 3.5mm jack and replaced it with a 2.5mm.

The Plug

As an experiment, I placed a call with them in my ears and the person on the other end could hear me fine.
    i find the palm hybrid headset very useful and convenient. my main concern was how comfortable the ear buds would be because of my past experiences with earbuds hurting my ears but the palm one's are comfortable so i would definently recommend it...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.