Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want to know if BackupMan v1.52 works with the Sprint Treo 650 and the 1.08 patch. There was a thread about that which I read, but it was inconclusive. I also read the sticky on compatible software. Can anyone confirm whether or not BackupMan v1.52 works with the Sprint Treo 650 and the 1.08 patch?

Also, does BackupMan v1.52 allow you to backup to an expansion card and the restore from that expansion after a hard reset? The FAQ and info on the BackupMan site do not make this clear and tech support has not returned my email about this question.

Finally, I also want to know what backup software you all recommend for the Sprint Treo 650 with the 1.08 patch. I need an app that will 1) backup my ENTIRE phone to a 1 gig SD card, 2) enable automatic back-ups, 3) allow me to restore from the SD card after a hard reset and complete datawipe on the Treo. I have read the sticky on compatible software and visted the manufacturer websites for different apps.

Thanks in advance for your tips and recommendations.
    Yes, it works just fine. BackupBuddyVFS has bugs.
    They both are quirky depending on your configuration. Backupbuddy works fine for me. I am also a registered backupman user. I installed it after the update hoping it would now work for me but is worse than before. Crashes mid-sync every time. Same behavior whether phone is on or off.
    The brand new release of BackUpMan (v1.52) works gr8 for me on my 650 with the new f/w patch. For manual b'u's, I always turn the phone and b/t off to be safe based on what others have said here about leaving them on and possibly interferring with the quality of the b/u files. Also, BackUpMan has NEVER frozen or caused a reset since last December when I first installed it. I've done numerous file restores and a few full restores w/o a single hitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    The brand new release of BackUpMan (v1.52) works gr8 for me on my 650 with the new f/w patch. For manual b'u's, I always turn the phone and b/t off to be safe based on what others have said here about leaving them on and possibly interferring with the quality of the b/u files. Also, BackUpMan has NEVER frozen or caused a reset since last December when I first installed it. I've done numerous file restores and a few full restores w/o a single hitch.
    Glad it's working for you. For the record that's the version crashing for me.

I guess my point is try them...

backupman
    tealbackup
    botzam backup
    backup buddy vfs pro

and see what works for you.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I'm using Tealbackup for scheduled daily backup, and backupman for a whole backup every week. both them is tested by Hard reset restore.
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Glad it's working for you. For the record that's the version crashing for me.

I guess my point is try them...

backupman
    tealbackup
    botzam backup
    backup buddy vfs pro

and see what works for you.
    You know I always see you guys mention the same couple of backup programs, but I have been using Right Back Up from Stand Alone Software http://standalone.com/palmos/right_back_up/ every since I got my 650 without problems, crashes, etc. And it's only $10!

No I don't work for these guys, I just like there software. It works super for me!

I was just wondering why no one every mentions them and their great Palm Backup software. Maybe I am missing something? They updated the software to be compatible with the 650 shortly after it's release and I have used it several times to backup and restore my Treo 650.

-Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrixey
    You know I always see you guys mention the same couple of backup programs, but I have been using Right Back Up from Stand Alone Software http://standalone.com/palmos/right_back_up/ every since I got my 650 without problems, crashes, etc. And it's only $10!

No I don't work for these guys, I just like there software. It works super for me!

I was just wondering why no one every mentions them and their great Palm Backup software. Maybe I am missing something? They updated the software to be compatible with the 650 shortly after it's release and I have used it several times to backup and restore my Treo 650.

-Shawn

I meant to mention that one too...thanks!
    Botzam is working every time with 1.08. It is also quite happy living in custom ROM.
    I have BackupBuddy and RightBackup installed. When I needed to restore after the update, BB flaked out on me, but Right worked flawlessly. I've also used it for partial restores.
    I suggest people take some precaution with backupman 1.52. after the 1.08 update, backupman still looked good. this morning it showed my 4am backup in the backup set window as expected. the only thing that looked odd was that it didn't delete a previous backup set since I have it set to hold no more than two backups at a time. looking at the backup set details (which I don't normally do) the latest set showed 0 files backed up. tried to initiate both an auto / manual backup so I could watch what it was doing and it is now resetting in the middle of the process like some are reporting. so anyone scheduling middle of the night backups and are assuming their backup sets are good should probably check the "details" initially. I'm sure BM works for some people but it would be a good precaution for people like me who just trusted that it works. gonna try RightBackup...
    -- berto
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    I have BackupBuddy and RightBackup installed. When I needed to restore after the update, BB flaked out on me, but Right worked flawlessly. I've also used it for partial restores.
    I tried RightBackup, did a backup and a hard reset. After restore the calendar had all entries doubled!!!

RightBackup backups and restores the new calendar databases and the old dummy ones too, resulting in double entries!

This of course is not acceptable.
    --
    Manfred
    i have backupman and haven't had a problem with it.. after the update backupman restored all the files that i needed without a problem. I did have one problem restoring with backupman in the past before i found out about backing up with the radio on but since it's been fine....
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by mani_lx
    I tried RightBackup, did a backup and a hard reset. After restore the calendar had all entries doubled!!!

RightBackup backups and restores the new calendar databases and the old dummy ones too, resulting in double entries!

I'm sorry to hear that. I just checked my calendar db with Filez, and Right Backup hasn 't made any duplicate entries on my T650.

You might try Undupe, if you haven't already removed your duplicates manually. http://www.stevenscreek.com/palm/undupe.html
    I'm sorry to hear that. I just checked my calendar db with Filez, and Right Backup hasn 't made any duplicate entries on my T650.

You might try Undupe, if you haven't already removed your duplicates manually. http://www.stevenscreek.com/palm/undupe.html
    Yes I have undupe, no problem here. I was testing RightBackup anyway. I tried it a 2nd time hardresetting again and restoring. I had again duplicate entries...
    --
    Manfred
    Yes I have undupe, no problem here. I was testing RightBackup anyway. I tried it a 2nd time hardresetting again and restoring. I had again duplicate entries...
    Could you give me the file name of the dummy Calendar DB? The only one I see is Calendar DB-PDA. I'd like to re-test Right as well.
    Could you give me the file name of the dummy Calendar DB? The only one I see is Calendar DB-PDA. I'd like to re-test Right as well.
    DatebookDB

Just tried it again: backup, hard reset, full restore: duplicate entries.
    --
    Manfred
    DatebookDB.pdb
    --
    Manfred

That is why I stopped using RightBackup. I seemed to work great except for duplicate Outlook items. Their tech support didn't have any idea why it was happening.
    DatebookDB

Just tried it again: backup, hard reset, full restore: duplicate entries.
    It works for me, but this gives me cause for concern; maybe there are some errors from my restore that I haven't yet come across. Has anyone else had issues with Right?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast