1.    #1  
    I searched through the Forums and only found one thread that was similar and I had already tried what it said.....so here goes....

For some strange unknown reason I cannot sync my Treo to my PC. It has worked several times in the past without any problems. I did everything I could think of to try and fix it. Eventually I unistalled the Pa1mOne software and then reinstalled it thinking this would help.....no.

So, if anyone has any ideas I would be eternally grateful. I have a vein popping out on my forehead that has the definite potential of exploding at this point
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Try a soft reset on the Treo.

What happens when you press the sync button? Does the Hotsync app on the Treo start?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    After trying everything for about two hours....soft resets, reinstalling software, etc. it just worked finally. Sometimes I really think that computers are the bane of my existence. Thanks for your response, though.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Have you recently installed XP Service Pack 2? After I did that all my USB based devices stopped working.

It had nothing to do with the Treo; something weird happens with the USB drivers during the SP2 update.

You'll need to go to the Device Manager, double click on each of the items under the USB connectoin type, and click on "Update Driver..." under the "Drivers" tab of the property window that you get. Then reboot.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.