1.    #1  
    For starters, I am not the most technical guy in the world. I purchased mmplayer as well as pocket dvd (pqdvd.com) for my 650. I also downloaded some other stuff that the two websites suggested. No matter what I do, I cannot get the audio to match up with the video. I have changed the bit rate through the options menu but nothing seems to work. Are there settings that work best for the 650? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    There are two things you can do that should help. I had the same problem.
    1. Download pocketdivxencoder (http://divx.ppccool.com/). It's free. Run the finished file through PocketDivxEncoder's "Correct Audio/Video syncronization" utility. You'll see it at the bottom of the program. It runs very fast 1-2 min. This solved my problem.
    2. Use the red shutoff button on the 650 while the movie is running to cycle through different setting like brightness, etc. until you get to A/V sync. and use the arrow buttons to adjust the sync.

I have run several movies through Pocketdivxencoder with great results.
  3.    #3  
    thank you, much appreciated!
    i've spent several days and long hours trying to get this thing to work right The solution above was perfect!!!!!

I was using Intervideo 4.0, Pocket DVD3.3 and mmplayer, After doing the above, the playback was perfect!!!!!

No skips, no loss words, nothing, perfect!

Thanks.