Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Has anyone tried Treo Connection Manager for the Treo650? I use it for the exact purpose you're looking for on my Sprint Treo600 but don't know if it works on the 650. Look into it on these threads and try the app on Palmgear. http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=53537
    Hi Beantown,

Downloaded and tried it. Doesn't work on my International unlocked GSM T650. I've had is set up for 4 hours and it doesn't update the Connection Stats (Active, Dormant and Connections all still set to zero) and it certainly doesn't disconnect after 5 minutes.

Next?
    Ko Samet beach & a Treo650 - the perfectly connected stress free office
    I use this real cool app called COMA...just click to Connect (turns Green) and just click to disconnect (turns Red)...

www.79bmedia.com
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Does TreoOffOn not work on the 650?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Hi Sabanum,

Tried COMA but its not for smart phones at all. Its to manage a connection between your PDA and your seperate GSM/GPRS phone over Bluetooth, IR or Serial connections. I'm afraid its just not relevant to Treo users.

Anyone else got any suggestions? I must have tried 8-9 different applications which are supposed to give you complete control over your data connection but none of them offer an Auto off function which actually works on international GSM networks. BatterryDoctor apparently works but only on Sprint not on any other carrier or networkks.

The main issue I have actually is with Blazer. The other main applications I use which require the data connection are Chattermail and Verichat both of which will automatically raise and drop the connection as you specify. Blazer unfortunately automatically raises a data connection when you start it but doesn't even offer you a menu option to terminate the data connection when you terminate Blazer, it just exits and leaves the data connection live. Just in terms of battery management having your data connection on 24x7 is so inefficient. Are there any browsers out there which automatically drop the connection when you leave the broser application?
    Dude...I use CoMa, w/ My Treo650...it allows you to do multiple Functions...But, It's simply allows you to click to connect and click to Disconnect...install and try it...
    Hi Sabanum,

I guess you are right but it is not much more convienient than launching preferences/network and hitting connect or disconnect. In fact, given that all apps I use which need a GPRS connection launch one themselves if it is not already live COMA is really only relevant for shutting off the GPRS connection and even then it only saves one key stroke over using Preferences/network/disconnect which is not worth the hassle and cost of having another app I'm afraid.

Anyone know of an app which will actually disable the GPRS connection after 'X' minutes of inactivity or a browser that automatically drops the connection when you leave the broswer?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I've got a question, why do you want to disconnect so badly? Having an idle data connection shouldn't really affect battery life at all. After a period of time, the connection will probably just drop anyway.

Also, TreoHelper is a CDMA only app I believe - which explains why you weren't able to get it to work.
    Hi Minsc,
    The reason I am so keen to find an application which will "auto off" if the GPRS connection is idle is that I am on an unlimited data plan but only for the first 200 hours per month, any time the connection is live over that threshold costs mega $'s. I know it's an unusual billing methodology but I live in Thailand & that's how they do things here!!
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Wow, so as long as you're connected the "clock" is running huh? That might be the most bizarre thing I've ever heard.
    Minsc, you got it in one!!

So, anyone know of a GPRS auto off application which works on unlocked GSM phones or even a web browser which has the good manners to switch off the connection, or offer a setting to automatically switch off the setting, when the application is terminated?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12