Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    A reset was caused on 3/26/05 at 4:27pm while running "Tasks":

ToDo.c,Line:372,Version mismatch between jamfile and .mcp file

WTF??? This is happening every time now. I tried deleting the ToDoDB but I get the same message. What is a "jamfile" and why the hell does it CRASH when there's a version mismatch? Whatever happened to "return false" and get on with life???
    Hard reset and reload.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Yup. Fourth time I've done that in a week of owning my Treo 650. Isn't a PDA supposed to *save* time and not soak it all up?

My new strategy is I'm going to try to run in a completely stock configuration with no 3rd party apps and see if it's still crashing. I really dislike Versamail and think I'll find it hard to live without pTunes and ZLauncher, but I also like having an actual working cellphone and calendar on me every now and then.
    are you running a 650 on verizon? Given that this isn't a suppoted configuration, the problem could be anywhere. hack at your own risk, in other words.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I think that was "Version", not "Verizon". . .

Tony, getting rid of the 3rd party apps was the key for me. If it doesn't work, take the phone back.

Tony
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I think that was "Version", not "Verizon". . .

Tony, getting rid of the 3rd party apps was the key for me. If it doesn't work, take the phone back.

Tony
    Yeah, Sprint, not Verizon. I took it to the Sprint store and the tech was closing down for the day. What sucks is since I bought the phone from Amazon, if I do need to do the 14 day return, I have to send it back to Amazon (and pay shipping).. Sprint wouldn't take it back as an exchange only warranty, where they'll only give me a refurbished unit back. Grr.

I haven't had a crash yet in the 100% stock configuration, but I didn't pay $599 for a PDA that I can't customize, either. Kinda pissed about the whole situation right now.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Yes yesterday that happened to me, the todo.c jam file error and I came to this forum and it didn't help. But I did get it fixed and I'm posting here for anyway who may have the same problem and can try what I did and fix it without to much hassle.

The day before yesterday I had created a favorite app tab in zlauncher and in this tab I created zlauncher shortcuts of apps that were in other tabs. This said, one of the shortcuts was the todo app (or task app) and when I deleted this shortcut of a rom app, the jam file error while launching the todo app disappeared. I did try to create the shortcut again, and again the error reappeared, than I deleted it and no error.

So there you go, this was my fix and it worked. Oh it was on a Zire 21. I have learned not to created shortcuts with zlauncher of apps that come in rom of the palmOS.

I don't know if other apps that create shortcuts to apps may have this same error but zlauncher does, so don't do it. Hope this helps someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danceman View Post
    Yes yesterday that happened to me, the todo.c jam file error and I came to this forum and it didn't help. But I did get it fixed and I'm posting here for anyway who may have the same problem and can try what I did and fix it without to much hassle.

The day before yesterday I had created a favorite app tab in zlauncher and in this tab I created zlauncher shortcuts of apps that were in other tabs. This said, one of the shortcuts was the todo app (or task app) and when I deleted this shortcut of a rom app, the jam file error while launching the todo app disappeared. I did try to create the shortcut again, and again the error reappeared, than I deleted it and no error.

So there you go, this was my fix and it worked. Oh it was on a Zire 21. I have learned not to created shortcuts with zlauncher of apps that come in rom of the palmOS.

I don't know if other apps that create shortcuts to apps may have this same error but zlauncher does, so don't do it. Hope this helps someone.
    Just a thought, as I use zLauncher and have created a Favorites tab as well. I just use the "category" option to transfer the original icon to my Favorites tab. If you hold down your stylus on top of the icon a window springs out with things you can do. One of them is Category - if you click on Category you can choose where you want to display this icon. One of the choices will be Favorites. It moves the actual original icon, it does not make a shortcut of it. I have Tasks, Contacts, Phone and Calendar on my favorites page and they appear no where else; so I know they are the original icons. I have never had this error when using Tasks.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.