Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've had this issue since I've installed PXA regardless of the speed. The only way around it is not to press the power button when the phone goes to sleep. Any of the 3 buttons will wake it up fine without freezing the phone.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    The only way around it is not to press the power button when the phone goes to sleep. Any of the 3 buttons will wake it up fine without freezing the phone.
    Thanks. That sounds like a decent workaround.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Version 5.1 just came out and this problem still exists. Unbelievable!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Version 5.1 just came out and this problem still exists. Unbelievable!

Hmmm.... I seem to be abel to cycle power again. As in the problem is fixed in 5.1.

What behavior are you seeing?
    Again, I've never seen this problem, ever.....
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    The developer Emailed me back this morning. The problem has been found and it's going to be fixed in 5.2:

=======================
    This is actually easy to fix. The problem is that the camera application
    doubles the system frequency (Sys=208,Bus=208,Mem=104,Turbo=x1.5)
    When the device wakes up, Camera app tries to restore that frequency and
    PXA Clocker tries to set system default (sys=bus=mem=104, turbo=x3.0).
    I'll fix it in 5.2.

Thanks,

Max.
    cool!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    When is 5.2 going to be released?
    It'd be nice if they'd fix the problem where it takes about 30 button presses to get the 650 on when running 1.71 in 5.2. Although i haven't seen anyone else gripe about this, but PXAClocker causes it 100% of the time for me.
    Why not check out Lightspeed from Clievideo.com? I also experienced reset loops with PXAClocker (at the time Lightspeed didn't support the Treo 650) when underclocking an app and removed it. Never experienced any problems with Lightspeed. Worked fine on my Zire 71 and works fine on my Treo that I purchased it shortly after the new update support for Treo 650.
    Last edited by maceyr; 09/28/2006 at 09:20 AM.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    You must be the only one, another forum I was reading people were saying that Lightspeed was doing a wide range of bizarre things to their palm.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    When is 5.2 going to be released?
    It's funny that you asked. I E-mailed the developer yesterday asking why he hasn't fixed this bug, even though it was supposedly an "easy" fix. I E-mailed him 4 months ago after somebody else told him about the problem a year ago and there's still no fix or any sign of 5.2. This is probably the most unresponsive Palm developer I've ever encountered.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    You must be the only one, another forum I was reading people were saying that Lightspeed was doing a wide range of bizarre things to their palm.
    Hmm. I guess I may be the only one but it has been quite stable for both my Zire 71 and Treo 650.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    Hmm. I guess I may be the only one but it has been quite stable for both my Zire 71 and Treo 650.
    Go to the camera app of your Treo 650. Turn off then turn on. Treo has now freezed and is unresponsive.

Saying that the bug in PXA Clocker 5.1 is an easy fix is easy to say. Its been months since it was first reported.
    You're right. I've emailed Clievideo regarding this and hopefully he will come up with a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    You're right. I've emailed Clievideo regarding this and hopefully he will come up with a fix.
    I emailed them on the day I found out about the update. Unfortunately, they haven't replied.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12