Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by dseifert
    You have 12 buttons, each 102x46 pixels (width x height). Divide your "background" image (306x184 pixels) into 12 parts, each 102x46 pixels large.

Run Skinner Desktop, export the bitmaps. Open the button images in Photoshop (or your application of choice) and paste the tiles generated previously into the appropriate button images. Save and import in Skinner Desktop, save skin. Done :-)

I'm going to check whether we can have this automated in Skinner Desktop.

Daniel
    That would be great! By the way, I was the one who emailed support regarding the backround image. Thanks for the reply.
    Thanks ... Mr. Daniel.
    I did not know about the export option. I sat and figured out all the length and width of each individual dial pad component today ...

New and improved USC Trojan dial pad attached. With little arrow and a better upper edge for the favorites.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LD555; 04/13/2005 at 02:50 AM.
    10/10/04 Ebayed my T600 ...
    I want my Treo 650 !!
    Got my unlocked T650 3/31/05
    CNG Unlocked 650 on TMo Network
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Hi. I redid the Bevels skin without the eventbar - couldn't get it to fit right. The software works great - just made the eventbar BMP the "transparent" color.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    That would be great! By the way, I was the one who emailed support regarding the backround image. Thanks for the reply.
    A beta of Skinner Desktop supporting this feature (splitting background images) is available at http://skinner.79bmedia.com/desktop32b6.zip (the zip includes a PDF with some instructions).

To not have two threads with the same topic, please comment on the Skinner Desktop beta at http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=658337 or send me an email at skinner at 79bmedia . com
    Last edited by dseifert; 05/25/2005 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Updated URL
    Daniel Seifert
    Vote for your favorite skins at http://skinner.79bmedia.com
    Here's a tip I discovered:

The "*" character in the wingdings font is an envelope, perfect for the voicemail icon on the "1" button.
    Great skin! Fight On!
  7. ivy
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    No way to get rid of the blue lines by the favorites - also the event bar text comes up with that blue background, so that's gotta stay also.
    (if you have the event bar turned off, you dont see that blue window up top)
    And if you try to define this blue background color as transparent color in Skinner Desktop, will it make the text background become transparent ?
    Wow these are awesome!! any one take special requests?? I'll pay for the hard work you'd put into it... PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivy
    And if you try to define this blue background color as transparent color in Skinner Desktop, will it make the text background become transparent ?
    No, unfortunately not.
    Daniel Seifert
    Vote for your favorite skins at http://skinner.79bmedia.com
    Has anyone noticed with the newest SPCS ROM update the dialpad skin titlebar now has a light blue (same color as the original title bar) text that says "1x"?

So no matter what color I make the title bar, I still see a "1x" there in light blue. The previous ROM's did not have this text there.
    -Cal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Has anyone noticed with the newest SPCS ROM update the dialpad skin titlebar now has a light blue (same color as the original title bar) text that says "1x"?

So no matter what color I make the title bar, I still see a "1x" there in light blue. The previous ROM's did not have this text there.
    Hmm....what about light blue?? I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Hmm....what about light blue?? I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but it works.
    I have had to resort to making my title bar light blue to hide the "1x", but it ruins the whole point of custom skins.
    -Cal
    this is soooo SWEET !!! i only have 1 small problem here. splashs change just fine, skins on the other hand wont do anything. am i missing something? they are in the list, but do nothing at all. still the same god awfull baby blue everywhere !!!!

HELP !!!
    thanks.
    First off, I'd like to thank Joebar for jbrystal_blk.pdb, cause I used his .pdb file to create this skin (not to forget Daniel). I made the "background" image with the appropriate .bmps. Attached are a preview and the file.
    BTW: Got my 650 2 weeks ago and been reading treocentral, and this is my first post, as you can see. Great sight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fixit2new; 06/02/2006 at 12:45 AM.
    subscription post
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234