Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    thx joe...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Basically, load up that skin creating program, export all the graphics from the default skin to some folder, edit them in Photoshop or whavever, import them back into the skin program, save as .PDB file.

It took me a solid 3 hours til I got that one exactly how I wanted it.
    Great skin, Joe. I tried to create my own but the Skinner ap won't open on my computer (Mac). Anyone have a suggestion on how to export the basic skin so we Macsters can play around?
    Quote Originally Posted by nickl
    Great skin, Joe. I tried to create my own but the Skinner ap won't open on my computer (Mac). Anyone have a suggestion on how to export the basic skin so we Macsters can play around?
    It should run in VirtualPC, if you happen to use that. Otherwise, if there is interest, I could publish some pointers on how to make the skins on MacOS manually.

Daniel Seifert
    79bmedia GmbH
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I do not have Virtual PC. If you can publish the Mac tips that would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickl
    I do not have Virtual PC. If you can publish the Mac tips that would be great.
    Check out http://www.79bmedia.com/~dseifert/skinner-mac.zip, it includes all necessary files and a README.txt file with instructions. Let me know if you encounter any problems and always remember to have a backup ;-)

Daniel
    Last edited by dseifert; 03/29/2005 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Download link added
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thanks Daniel. I started playing around with the skins. Is there a font that contains the "message" icon on the number 1 button?
  7.    #27  
    I used o_o and just filled in the gaps in photoshop

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thanks, Joe. I assumed (what do they say about assuming?) that's how you did it but I was hoping for the easy fix. If I ever get this finished and it seems presentable I'll post it.
  9.    #29  
    cool, looking forward to it!

That voicemail icon is so weak I keep missing it. Does Skinner allow replacement of the indicator at the top of the screen or just the icon on the 1 key?
  11.    #31  
    Just the keys

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    OK. Here's my first stab at a skin (done entirely on my Mac with help from Daniel). It may be garbage (notice I didn't use that 4 letter "C" word) but it took awhile so be nice. I also emailed it to Daniel so if he deems it worthy it may be on his site also. Don't know why mine is so much bigger than Joe's (no offense) - hope it's not a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nickl; 04/01/2005 at 04:53 PM.
  13.    #33  
    post a preview pic

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Will do soon - the site is not letting me upload at the moment. I just took a photo of the screen with my dig camera. Is there a way to save a screen shot on the Treo?
  15.    #35  
    Oh yeah, forgot you were on a Mac -- Theres something in the skin composer that lets you export a preview BMP.

Yes, there are utilities to create screenshots right on the treo -- search around the forum, I dont know any off hand.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Preview is up.
    the jpg don't worky...downloads..bu blank
  18.    #38  
    yeah it downloads here.... it's HUUUUUUUUUUGE

Nice work nick -- simple and elegant

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Yeah, I just downloaded it myself to check - it is HUUUUUUGE! Next time I"ll cut back on the size before I post it. In the meantime, maybe somebody wants to use it as a wallpaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    That voicemail icon is so weak I keep missing it. Does Skinner allow replacement of the indicator at the top of the screen or just the icon on the 1 key?
    Right now we only support the skins. We are considering replacing some icons as well (not as part of the skin but as extra file), but no definite plans right now. Contact me at skinner@79bmedia.com if you want to give it a try.

Daniel
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast