Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. MDK
    Any chance this is needed for the 600 too? I forget how that LONG thread unfolded.
    Is the bug present there, too? Matt
  2.    #22  
    This hack blocks any attempt to change the system timezone. I don't have a GSM phone, so someone else will have to test this and report back if it takes care of the problem.

Instructions are same as for CDMA hack (download YAHM, etc, see the first page of this thread for details)

If you're travelling, you can temporarily disable the hack in the YAHM gui, change the timezone, and then turn it back on.

acousticbiker: The datebook problem looks involved. There's a limit to the amount of unpaid time I want to spend fixing Palm's bugs...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory
    acousticbiker, could a possible short-term fix for you be to not HotSync while the phone app is active? If you switch to any other app including the launcher before syncing it should remove any file access problems caused by the phone app, true? Then again, if that's true you should p2obably get the same error if you had the calendar app active when initiating a sync.

I have "Show Calendar Event" active in my phone app and sync with Outlook and haven't noticed this problem, but will watch for it now.

Ivory...
    Ivory, I tried this but I still have the problem...is anybody else having this problem? Is there another variable that I haven't identified yet?
  4.    #24  
    Did you read page 1 of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by maoun
    my GSM changes my time zone when i enable network time
    cingular gsm in los angeles
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Ever since installing this hack wtih YAHM, I noticed that my treo frequently does not respond to multiple button presses to turn the unit on. Even soft resets do not help. Finally, realizing this is the only thing I have installed recently, I turned it off and so far I have not had the unresponsive button problem. Anyone else experience this?
    Quote Originally Posted by paris1129
    Ever since installing this hack wtih YAHM, I noticed that my treo frequently does not respond to multiple button presses to turn the unit on. Even soft resets do not help. Finally, realizing this is the only thing I have installed recently, I turned it off and so far I have not had the unresponsive button problem. Anyone else experience this?
    My CDMA one works just as it did before. One press to turn it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by paris1129
    Do you have Bluetooth enabled? Turning that off is the only thing I've heard of that returns "single-press" responsiveness to the buttons. I have not noticed a different with the "Time" hack installed but shutting off Bluetooth makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Do you have Bluetooth enabled? Turning that off is the only thing I've heard of that returns "single-press" responsiveness to the buttons. I have not noticed a different with the "Time" hack installed but shutting off Bluetooth makes a difference.
    My BT is always turned on and I don't have any trouble with the buttons.
    I am a Sprint user, do I need to download both hacks or just one of them and if so, which one for sprint?
    I've had my Sprint Treo for almost 2 weeks, and never had an issue with Network Time enabled. Am I one of the lucky ones, or should I prepare myself for impending doom????

Ken
    I use Beyond Contacts for syncing to Outlook. On my Tungsten T, after a hotsync it would set some of my appointments back 5 hours. Always 5 hours...I just happen to be GMT-0500. The vender (Data Viz) could not find the problem.

It has now also happened on my T650.

Do you think somehow the time is getting goofed up, not only during Network Time enabled, but with HotSync Manager?
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjancef
    I've had my Sprint Treo for almost 2 weeks, and never had an issue with Network Time enabled. Am I one of the lucky ones, or should I prepare myself for impending doom????

Ken
    No, I think you're in the majority. I've had a Sprint T650 for 6 months without any issues. The bug has been documented but what effect (if any) it has in everyday functioning is still unclear to me.
    In my case, having network time enabled caused a reset whenever I moved from the Sprint network to roaming. Since I travel on a subway daily, this was a problem for me. I also have a coverage deadspot in my driveway (strange, but it affects any Sprint phone!). So disabling network time cured me of the majority of my resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    In my case, having network time enabled caused a reset whenever I moved from the Sprint network to roaming. Since I travel on a subway daily, this was a problem for me. I also have a coverage deadspot in my driveway (strange, but it affects any Sprint phone!). So disabling network time cured me of the majority of my resets.
    Just to help with the solution here, I also have implemented a solution to the Network time bug in ProfileCare. I took a slightly differnet approach. I recommend disabling this feature. Then enable PC's automatic NTP time updater. Once a day (time is configurable) will go out to the internet and get the current time from network time servers. It will then compare the Treo's clock to the internet's clock. If the time is off by X seconds, the Treo's clock is changed to the internet clock's time. The time delta of X is fully configurable in ProfileCare. IMO the Treo's clock should not be changed unless it needs to be changed. The default behavior is to set the Treo's clock every time the radio is turned on and every time the Treo comes from a no signal condition to a signal condition. This can make applications that read the time act very strange.

Hope this helps..... Of course, PC can do much more than monitor time but time was the focus of this thread....

Jeff
    The GSM time zone problem may very well be your provider. I had a hard time with AT&T in Chicago for a while and I had to explain to them that while the time displayed on the phone matched the clock on the wall, the phone thought it was in a different time zone so the time was actually incorrect. (I actually had to explain GMT to someone.) This feature is nice for travel - get off the plane, turn on your phone, and boom you've got the right time.
    I Can't figure out that How can I find something inside this Board by synonym words instead of exact words.
    I searched for synonym words in http://www.google.com and
    http://www.boardexplorer.com and I found this Board.
    However inside the site I could not find any smart search. you should know exact words to find similar topics
    any recommendation?
    Quote Originally Posted by jack123
    I Can't figure out that How can I find something inside this Board by synonym words instead of exact words.
    I searched for synonym words in http://www.google.com and
    http://www.boardexplorer.com and I found this Board.
    However inside the site I could not find any smart search. you should know exact words to find similar topics
    any recommendation?

WTF? Why are you posting your question in this old thread?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12